We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Allowed file extensions | Forum

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 10 '13
How to allow for .SWF file extensions at /admin/theme/graphics?,,
I ask this as I have plans to create game pages...

Choose File:

Result below:

BC
BC Apr 10 '13
Upload it manually via ftp?
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 12 '13
It ends up being a downloadable file when clicked on after 1st creating a folder there then uploading the .SWF game there, doesn't actually open as a playable Game. I really just want the ability to allow for this extension some how....
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Apr 12 '13
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Apr 21 '13
50+ Views and no answers, AWESOME ! !
Daisy Team
Daisy May 2 '13
The Graphics area is designed to upload only the site graphics needed for the site customization. It's not supposed to use it as the file uploader. BC suggested that you upload the file directly via FTP and then simply using the URL to that file add the game object to the site page. Try searching for the object code that will load your .swf file correctly.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 2 '13
I did upload to cPanel, created a folder, named it Games at public_html, once uploaded I clicked on the .swf game file, open in code edit and nothing helpful there, I do know the proper object,, it is as follows:

<embed src="http://sample-game.swf" width="700px" height="460px" autostart="true" loop="false" controller="true"></embed>
Daisy Team
Daisy May 3 '13
If you open the .swf file via browser and the game does not show up and it's asking for downloading -  that means that the problem is in the headers your server sends to the browser or your browser cannot recognize this extension. Even if you add the .swf extension to the Graphics section - this will not solve the problem. I suggest that you check the server setting or try open this file using another browser or computer.

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 3 '13
I can open th Game.swf's just fine in any browser.,,, from my desktop....

When trying right clicking on the actual game.swf file w/In the cPanel atpublic_html/Games and selecting (view file) I get the following error:

Daisy Team
Daisy May 3 '13
This problem can be caused by your cPanel settings. Please check them.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 3 '13

Quote from Daisy This problem can be caused by your cPanel settings. Please check them.

If you could be a bit more specific that'd be great, check cPanel settings where,, and what should they read/be set as?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
See if all the folder ow_userfiles and its sub-folders has 0777 access.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 4 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam See if all the folder ow_userfiles and its sub-folders has 0777 access.

Yes they are set to 0777
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC May 4 '13
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
put this on you .htaccess file

Like this :
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 5 '13
OK, I added that to the top of that list as per instruction, one thing I noticed is at my file the 2nd line reads as follows:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

the sample you gave me read:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/index\.php

If you notice in your sample the ^ was missing, is this a concern?

Now that I have inserted the RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
command what does this do/How will I be able to host .SWF file URL's and where will I be able to retrieve these .SWF file URL's from?

The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн May 5 '13
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 5 '13

Quote from Kaptain OK, I added that to the top of that list as per instruction, one thing I noticed is at my file the 2nd line reads as follows:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

the sample you gave me read:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/index\.php

If you notice in your sample the ^ was missing, is this a concern?

Now that I have inserted the RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
command what does this do/How will I be able to host .SWF file URL's and where will I be able to retrieve these .SWF file URL's from?

Still getting the same as it shows in the above screen-shot, also at the top left it reads:
9021-Uh-O.swf
Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 4

Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC May 5 '13
I can check your site if you want. PM me :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Ronnel DC I can check your site if you want. PM me :)

:D
Daisy Team
Daisy May 6 '13
It has nothing to do with the software and .htaccess file. Seems the cPanel settings do not allow you to browser .swf files. We suggest that you contact your hosting provider and ask them to check into this issue. I'm pretty sure they will find the solution.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 6 '13
Um, I guess I can always use the File Uploads plug-in on a 2nd hosted Oxwall software (my package allows for up to 5 domains), upload the .SWF's there and use the URL's along w/embed code at my main site game-pages....

Daisy Team
Daisy May 6 '13
Krunch, may I ask? When you uploaded the .swf file via FTP to your root folder - did it open from this URL: http://yoursite.com/file.swf, or not? If it opened, why do you try to open it from your cPanel?
The Forum post is edited by Daisy May 6 '13
Pages: 1 2 »