We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A warning to all users | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Apr 10 '13
ok guys sorry to have to put this in public like this but the next person who asks me to trade plugins with them is getting reported I do not share plugins with people outside of my personal company for testing and development purposes if you message me and ask me to trade off plugins you will get reported and the last person who did this got his account shut down and he lost all his bought plugins you work and build your company you get more out of it and these developers here get paid for their hard work
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 10 '13
Joseph I agree with you. This is  becoming  a problem.
Joseph
Joseph Aug 30 '13
http://www.oxwall.org/user/Swaroop this user has approached me maybe he should read my forum posts before he thinks he can exchange me plugins and themes that people work hard to make and then he thinks he will get off so easily 
Soundchum web solution
This user posted a plugin trade post at my theme forum yesterday, and today send me a private message for plugin and my theme trading with another account after the team deleted his old account

i report this user to the team in public 

Soundchum web solution
This user posted a plugin trade post at my theme forum yesterday, and today send me a private message for plugin and my theme trading with another account after the team deleted his old account

i report this user to the team in public 

Pete
Pete Aug 30 '13
Warning do not download any plugings that http://www.oxwall.org/user/Swaroop is offering ,he has changed the code of some of these plugins to get back door access to your websites,you have been warned .
Abbey
Abbey Aug 30 '13
lol you're nicer than me, I report anyone who asks to trade.

Yeah pete I got a message from him, I reported him
Pete
Pete Aug 30 '13

Quote from Abbey Jayne

I asked my mate that codes in php to look at all these plugins  and a lot of them have got back door access in them,and he can gain access to take over a users admin in oxwall . If people want to use these plugin downloads its there own fault ,and not only that he will be able to gain access to your ftp on your server ,has you need to add your ftp dets to upload mods in admin,if the guy gets hold of your admin ,he could add any code to any of your files to send him your ftp detials ,so people that want to install these fake mods or playing with fire
The Forum post is edited by Pete Aug 30 '13
Abbey
Abbey Aug 30 '13

Quote from Pete
Quote from Abbey Jayne

I asked my mate that codes in php to look at all these plugins  and a lot of them have got back door access in them,and he can gain access to take over a users admin in oxwall . If people want to use these plugin downloads its there own fault ,and not only that he will be able to gain access to your ftp on your server ,has you need to add your ftp dets to upload mods in admin,if the guy gets hold of your admin ,he could add any code to any of your files to send him your ftp detials ,so people that want to install these fake mods or playing with fire

Yeah, imo if it looks too good to be true it probably is, I wonder how many are stupid enough to take his offer?
Joseph
Joseph Aug 30 '13
I reported the guy but felt like also calling him out on the public forum so others know about this I get tired of people hounding me for plugins I worked and scraped together money for each one I own and some people just think its a free ride i guess
Pete
Pete Aug 30 '13

Quote from Joseph
I reported the guy but felt like also calling him out on the public forum so others know about this I get tired of people hounding me for plugins I worked and scraped together money for each one I own and some people just think its a free ride i guess

I would not worry Jo,when people use these plugins,people wont relise until its to late and there website is mest up ,etc,  For the cost of a plugin from the store ,its just not worth using these hacked plugins .
bobbi
bobbi Sep 1 '13
not another fake profile
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Sep 1 '13
http://www.oxwall.org/user/Swaroop

or 

http://www.oxwall.org/user/peter2

who is real ? both have same name and profile 

The Forum post is edited by Rahul verma Sep 1 '13
Abbey
Abbey Sep 1 '13
*yawns* this is getting b o r i n g
Pete
Pete Sep 1 '13

Quote from RAHUL verma
http://www.oxwall.org/user/Swaroop

or 

http://www.oxwall.org/user/peter2

who is real ? both have same name and profile 

It not me posting this crap ,the person that posted it has been banned but useing my name and profile,if you click on the name who posted this rubbish then you would no
The Forum post is edited by Pete Sep 1 '13
Den Team
Den Sep 1 '13
The guy has been suspended. Also, check this reply please. 
Joseph
Joseph Sep 4 '13
Don't forget somehow he got all thee plugins and he didn't pay for them. Other users are trading out plugins to these people and if you get caught you get suspended meaning you lose all your paid plugins. Don't take the risk these guys chose to be developers to make a living as well as change the world for the better don't run over them and steal their work because you cant save up your money and buy a plugin the right way.
Abbey
Abbey Sep 4 '13
One Q.... why are we thanking Den for this?
Joseph
Joseph Sep 4 '13
yeah that was weird I will admit but hes banned now so he cant respond
Pete
Pete Sep 4 '13

if people or silly enough to use these plugins and it messis up there site its there own fault ,plus thay cant get updates for these plugins ,let um get on with it

Pages: 1 2 »