We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Before I update OXWALL CORE, just to be sure! | Forum

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 14 '13
The auto update has not appeared at my admin page. It means I have to do it the manual way. I downloaded it and tried to unpack it (on the desktop) but the components scattered around. Should I unpack in a named FOLDER and Upload the entire folder to the root of my site?
Thanks
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 15 '13
any response?
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Apr 15 '13
Kumi, we also had to install it manually. We unpacked it to the root folder in our control panel as instructed here and it worked fine.

http://docs.oxwall.org/install:update

Hope this helps!
Alia Team
Alia Apr 16 '13
Kumi, check my reply in this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10159
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 16 '13

Hi,
I have updated my site  to the new version 1.5.2 but there is a mess up. I did it by uploading the new version by FTP. The join page is messed up
http://www.bookerzmedia.com/join. Pls visit this page and see what I should do. Is this the work of a plugin or what?

It also asks me to set cron.(admin+cron_configuration_required_notice),Even though CRON JOB is set in CPanel. What should I do?

There is also another issue. The recaptcha string is gone in the join page and in the contact us. Or is it because the UPLOADING VIA FTP was faulty?

Other options have also disappeared, eg,add as friend,send private message,send a gift, follow,block as well as admin's option to suspend or delete a user.

As I said, can that be due to faulty upload by FTP?

Please help. My site is messed up now.
thanks www.bookerzmedia.com

The Forum post is edited by Kumi Festus Apr 16 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
Kumi, clean smarty cache: enanle DEV mode in config.php>>push F5 on any page of  your site.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 17 '13
Which folder contains this string? I am asking this because the responses are many. Just be be with the right file.
Thanks
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 17 '13
It worked, thanks Aliia. But the racaptcha string still does not appear. What can I do about it?

There is also another issue. After enabling dev mode and pushing F5, some strings and options appeared at the bottom (Oxwall: 1.5.2 (6327) Page: 0.421s | 37.500MB Request: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel::index Components: 47 Events: 106 Database: 274qrs | 0.033s),which don't seem to disappear. I can close them but when a new page is opened, they appear again. How can I permanently make them disappear?
Thanks
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 18 '13
Oh,
Hi. It's ok now with the exception of the recaptcha which does not appear in the join and contact us.
Thanks
Alia Team
Alia Apr 18 '13
Kumi, should have given you more info.

I will explain what are those strings, I am sure you will need this in future.
Data at the bottom of the page appears only when DEV mode is enabled. This data allows you to see the speed your site loads with, amount of queries and etc. Also DEV mode cleans smarty cache and if you are making any changes in .html files ( also when you update the software) you will be able to see those changes right away.

To get rid of these strings, just disable DEV mode.

Regarding CAPTCHA, are you using standard Oxwall Captcha? Or you are using a third party plugin?
Alia Team
Alia Apr 18 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 18 '13
I am using the standard Oxwall Captcha. I don't even know if there is a plugin for that.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Apr 18 '13
I have found a plugin that can do that. If there is no way to let recaptcha strings appear again, then let me know how to disable it so that I can use a plugin.
For about a week now, nobody has been able to join my site or use the Contact Us page to send a message to me because of this.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 19 '13
Further discussion of the issue about Captcha can be found here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10406