We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Are pet Rabbits a lot of work? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
If you have pet Rabbits, how much time do you spend cleaning, feeding all that?
Is a Xmas request but I know the care will fall on me!
Alex Marks
Alex Marks Jul 3
I regretted it.

We got a mini lop and he was a beautiful little thing like a little puppy dog. The cage does get messy and smelly and needs regular cleaning. I don’t like keeping small pets in cages all the time so he only went in there overnight and when we went out, we had a run attached so he could access a large grassy patch during the day.

When we were home we allowed him

inside and he would hang around our ankles and loved pats but also enjoyed chewing cords so we had to keep a constant eye on him which can get exhausting. Also had to stay on top of the little surprises he left around the house. I also noticed a few snakes around which I had never seen before so be mindful that they attract those depending on where you live (we are coastal suburbia)

We moved to QLD for a while so had to rehome him at that point due to the hefty penalties for keeping rabbits there.

ETA- the novelty wore off after about a week for the kids, even though they had been begging for so long. I did absolutely everything.

Another suggestion- there are several rabbit fostering places around that are desperate for people to foster surrendered rabbits while they are waiting to be adopted. Could you sign up with one of those to test out how long your kids stay interested? We’ve done it before and they provide everything including the cage and food so it’s a good way to try before you buy while helping out a displaced bunny for a bit.
Claudette Leanna
Having a pet rabbit can be a lot of fun! I got my rabbit, Thumper, a few years ago and he's been a joy. It's not too much work once you get the hang of it. I found cheerfulbunny.com really helpful for tips on rabbit care—it made things easier. Daily tasks like feeding, cleaning the cage, and giving him playtime are pretty manageable. Plus, rabbits are social animals, so they love interacting with you. It's all about setting up a routine that works for both of you. If you're considering getting a rabbit, go for it—they bring so much happiness!
farhan
farhan Yesterday, 07:30AM
Interactive playtime: The Flying Saucer Dog Toy promotes interactive play, enhancing the bond between you and your dog. flying saucer dog toy
jassonleo
jassonleo 17 hours ago
Detox Nashville Detox programs in Nashville provide medical supervision and support to help individuals safely manage withdrawal symptoms and start their recovery journey. Detox Nashville