We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Christian Clothing in Rome: A Historical and Modern Perspective | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Denman
Denman Jul 3

The history of Christian clothing in Rome spans centuries, reflecting the evolution of the Christian faith, societal changes, and cultural influences. From the early days of Christianity, when believers faced persecution, to the grandeur of the medieval church and the diversity of modern expressions, Christian clothing in Rome tells a rich story of faith, identity, and tradition. This article delves into the historical and contemporary aspects of Christian attire in Rome, highlighting key periods, styles, and influences.

Early Christian Clothing: Humility and Secrecy

In the first few centuries after Christ, Christians in Rome often faced persecution and practiced their faith in secret. During this time, their clothing was designed to be simple and inconspicuous.

Characteristics of Early Christian Clothing
  • Simplicity: Early Christians preferred modest and humble attire, often made of plain fabrics without embellishments. This reflected their faith’s emphasis on humility and helped them avoid persecution.
  • Tunics and Cloaks: The basic garments were the tunic (tunica) and cloak (pallium). Tunics were usually knee-length for men and ankle-length for women. Cloaks were used for warmth and to signal status and role within the community.
Daniel Brian
Daniel Brian Jul 21
Hi all! Exquisite women's shoes are always popular, which is why Tamara Mellon brand products have become the best choice for many women. Among their assortment, every woman will find shoes that she likes and will wear them with pleasure. The customer can choose the ideal shoes for herself on their website, and if difficulties arise with this, Tamara Mellon customer service will always provide assistance with the choice so that the client is satisfied with his purchase.
farhan
farhan Aug 5
Find the perfect crotchless lingerie to add a touch of excitement and sophistication to your wardrobe. Buy online women's crotchless lingerie
Joji S
Joji S Aug 23
Honestly, I’m really happy to live in a time when every woman (or really, anyone) can dress however they want, without sticking to any rules except their own style. 
SamHanson
SamHanson Aug 28
For me, it’s super important to have the freedom to choose my clothes, even my underwear. I don’t want to just wear plain, smooth, seamless underwear. For me, women's beautiful lingerie is a way to feel more feminine, desirable, and confident. When I buy such lingerie for myself, it’s a way of showing care and love for my body.