We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

moderator? - Cbox Widget | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Apr 15 '13
it seems moderation is not available is this just a small glitch or what?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
May I know why moderation needed for this?
Joseph
Joseph Apr 16 '13
we have a network that's growing sometimes we have troublesome users and we not only wish to ban the user but we would like to remove the message so other users will not see things that are vulgar in nature
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thats not in the scope of this plugin. Messages can not be control via this plugin as its with cbox itself.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 16 '13
this option is listed at cbox website "Authenticate registered users and mods via Integration. (Requires Integration to be Enabled.)"
Justin Daudelin
Justin Daudelin Apr 16 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Messages can not be control via this plugin as its with cbox itself

Meaning that the plugin cannot be used for moderation only cbox can do the moderation.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Joseph this option is listed at cbox website "Authenticate registered users and mods via Integration. (Requires Integration to be Enabled.)"
Registers Users integration is already available in the plugin. Control on individual messages should be done via cbox.ws site and NOT possible via this plugin. This plugin is a placeholder and not cbox itself.

Quote from Justin Daudelin Meaning that the plugin cannot be used for moderation only cbox can do the moderation.

Yes. Its out of scope for this plugin as its not possible.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 16 '13
ok my apology for the questioning its just when ever we turn on the integration for mods cbox tells us to sign in yet we are signed in and set to be able to to moderate from oxwall and cbox so is there maybe something in the code not working at this point?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Again, its not related to this plugin. As told before, this is just a widget to hold the actual cbox script.

Where do you see moderate option? Can you share the screenshot.
Justin Daudelin
Justin Daudelin Apr 17 '13
yes here it is 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thats what this plugin provides already if you have a premium cbox account.
Justin Daudelin
Justin Daudelin Apr 17 '13
yes we have a cbox premium but we cannot mod the chat room and it says everyone is anonymous and the admins cannot mod the chat
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you share the API page and details which says about that "mod" feature? I dont have a premium account so I can not access it.
OneUp
OneUp Apr 18 '13
you can use mine i have premium and am trying to figure out the same issue
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please share the details, if possible via PM, so that I can login and check.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Oneup,

Can you please provide me your details again? I missed those details that you provided before.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Guys,

As I previously mentioned, there is no seperate moderator access.

What they mean my "mod" is "user integration" using mods(custom integrations). Refer attached image.

Attachments:
  cbox1.JPG (69.27Kb)
Joseph
Joseph Apr 30 '13
my question in this respectfully is how do we get the cbox to recognize our mods aka moderators when say the owner is signed in they cannot control the cbox as it should be and as stated in the image you attached "this allows you to create moderators who can be authenticated as such"
Purusothaman Ramanujam
My response is "NOT POSSIBLE" without any dedicated API from CBOX for THIS.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 30 '13
ok thank you I will follow up with cbox thank you for your time in this sir
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic