We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support Questions - Compose message | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 16 '13
Feel free to ask me anything regarding the plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Apr 17 '13
matt
matt May 29 '13
Hi Sergey,

I installed the Update. Thanks very much for your great work.

When I try to message groups members - I only get a white loading line (see pic)

I should mention that I have a custom fork of Events plugin.

Any idea whats wrong?

Cheers

Matt
Attachments:
  messageGroup.png (138.71Kb)
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin May 29 '13

Hello matt,

I should mention that I have a custom fork of Events plugin.

It can be the reason of the problem. Try to disable "Events" feature in "Compose message" plugin settings or temporarily deactivate "Events" plugin. Then check it again. If it won't help send me your site URL and I will try to find the reason of the error on your site.

matt
matt May 29 '13

Quote from Sergey Kambalin

Hello matt,

Try to disable "Events" feature in "Compose message" plugin settings or temporarily deactivate "Events" plugin. Then check it again. 
Yes! This worked :) Thanks Sergey, This plugin is brill!
David A
David A May 30 '13
If you deactivate events temporarily , will you loose all upcoming events that have been entered?

David A
David A May 30 '13
Also... does this plugin work with 1.5.1 (build 6093)
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin May 30 '13
Quote from David A If you deactivate events temporarily , will you loose all upcoming events that have been entered?

No, you wont loose data if you deactivate plugin. Do not uninstall it.
The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin May 30 '13
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin May 30 '13
Quote from David A Also... does this plugin work with 1.5.1 (build 6093)

It will work on Oxwall Core 1.5.1, but it requires the latest version of "Events" and "Mailbox" plugins. So you could use "old" core but you need to update the plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin May 30 '13
Valley Choirs
Valley Choirs Jun 19 '13
Hi - I just installed the plugin, but am having a couple of issues with it:
(1) Within a group, the form comes up just fine to compose and send a message to group members - but the message is not delivered (I sent two messages to a group that I'm a member of, and didn't get them)
(2) I don't see how to compose a message to anyone /except/ members of a group - from your screen shots, it looked like maybe you could use this to select a set of members or groups for a message, but I don't see anywhere to do that. You show a panel of buttons labeled "Add new - photo, video, link group, discussion, message" - so I'm thinking that maybe "Add new message" has this ability. But in my installation, that panel of buttons doesn't even exist.

Thanks for your help! My site is v1.5.3.
Valley Choirs
Valley Choirs Jun 19 '13
Hello again! I'd like to amend my last message: It looks like the panel of buttons only appears in "sidebar" themes - and that I can send a message to any users I want from the message dialog inside a group - so my #2 has become a non-issue.

I also found that messages composed to /other/ users are sent - however, if I myself am a recipient (ie, a member of the group), I don't receive it. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks again.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jun 19 '13
Quote from Valley Choirs I also found that messages composed to /other/ users are sent - however, if I myself am a recipient (ie, a member of the group), I don't receive it. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks again.

You can not send message to yourself. And if you are a group member and you send message the group - all of the group member will receive the message but you. It is not a bug.
Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jul 11 '13
Having a issue with ipads  the send button appears on new messages but not on replies is there a fix for this?
bobbi
bobbi Jul 28 '13
photon flash browser will solve this problem, i tested this flash browser for this plug in and standard private messages and the send button is there,  the problem you describe is the same on all mobile devices and has been for a long time
Graham
Graham Jul 29 '13
Hi Sergey

I'm using the extended events and maps plugin, with this active the message button doesn't show on the events page. Can anything be done to allow the two plugins to work together?

Other than this it works great.

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jul 29 '13

"Extended Events" replaces the standard event page. That is why all the changes I did on that page don't appear. Also all the new updates of the Oxwall Events plugin will not be applied to that page. So you need contact the plugin author and ask him to fix the issue and release an update.

Anyway, I can fix the issue on your site if you give me FTP access.

Graham
Graham Jul 30 '13
Thanks for the quick response and offer. Would it be possible to tell me what needs changing in case I need to fix any future updates?
Graham
Graham Aug 21 '13
Even just point me in the right direction?
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 21 '13

Graham Bygrave,

Unfortunately, I don't know exact names of files you need to change because I don't have the plugin. I can fix the issue on your site and tell you what I changed. But I need FTP access to do it.

Or could you send me list of the "Extended Events" plugin files. I will tell you which of them you should change.

Graham
Graham Aug 22 '13
OK, Sorry I didn't realise what the problem was.

Have sent you a PM

Thanks for your offer :)

Graham
Graham Aug 23 '13
Thanks for the help Sergey, it works perfectly now :)
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic