We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Windows 11 & Sticky Notes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
Hi TPU Brainstrust,

I need some assistance/advice.

So, globally, my workplace is rolling out (via SCCM) Windows 11 to the bulk of users however, in the early stage of the rollout, we've seen an issue with both our Windows 11 21H2 & 22H2 images where, post deployment, if you try and run the Sticky Notes application you are prompted with a message saying that Sticky Notes requires an update before it'll work. Unfortunately, and I imagine that there is some logic behind it, my employer blocks connection to the Microsoft Store so no actual way to perform an update via that method.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of independently running something on a device which would allow the app to run the update and allow it to be functional?

I know this might seem like a silly, minor thing, but we've already had complaints from end users about it and the people who are actually responsible for the SOE and this sort of stuff can't seem to figure it out so I thought I'd throw the question out to the TPU community.

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions in regards to this!
Jeremy Blake
Jeremy Blake Jul 10
You might also want to explore different platforms for writing notes that can better suit your team's needs.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor Jul 10
Hey there, I’ve had a similar issue at my workplace during our Windows 11 rollout. Blocking the Microsoft Store really complicates things. One workaround we found was to download the Sticky Notes update as an offline installer package from a trusted source and then deploy it via SCCM. This way, the app gets updated without needing access to the Microsoft Store.

Also, for sharing quick notes with my team, I've been using NotesOnline. It's an online service that allows you to create anonymous notes that are deleted after reading. It's been handy as an online notepad for things we don't want sticking around.

Anyone else found a good solution for updating Sticky Notes without Store access?