We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Physician home loan & financial stuff | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded
Has anyone used this program to purchase a home? I've seen some info about physicians who've used it and I see that it's available to vets but I can't really find too much info. If you have, what was the process like?
Rajesh Rajpo
Rajesh Rajpo Jul 12
I used a traditional mortgage for my home, I did briefly look into it. It seemed like the biggest hurdle was finding a lender who would consider vets eligible, because many lenders will not give physicians mortgages to vets. I remember seeing a couple lenders who did allow vets to do it listed in the vet specific Facebook groups but can’t remember them off hand. But the process seemed similar to a normal mortgage just with added job offer letter and whatnot. You will have to be fully graduated to use them though. I personally had some money for a down payment so I chose to go the traditional mortgage route for lower interest rates.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor Jul 12
I did explore various specialized home loan options when I was diving into the market for the first time. These programs, like the one tailored for physicians, often cater to professionals with specific needs and financial situations. From what I gathered, some home loans typically offer perks such as lower down payments, relaxed debt-to-income ratios, and sometimes even waived private mortgage insurance or PMI.
If you're considering this program, it's a good idea to reach out directly to lenders who specialize in it. They can walk you through the application process and eligibility requirements and discuss how it aligns with your financial goals.
The Forum post is edited by Olli Stor Jul 12
RichardGravener
If you’re referring to specific programs like Physician or VA Home Loans, many people have successfully used them to purchase homes. The process generally involves getting pre-approved, finding a home, applying for the loan, and then closing. If you're also considering Debt Consolidation as part of your financial strategy, it can help streamline your finances and improve your credit profile, potentially making you a more attractive candidate for these home loan programs. Each program has its own benefits and requirements, so it’s best to consult with a lender who offers these specialized loans for detailed guidance.