We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I’m interested in learning about athletes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alexis
Alexis Jul 26
Hello folks! I’m interested in learning about athletes who have made a significant impact both in their sport and beyond. Any suggestions on where I can read about such figures?
Olov
Olov Jul 26

Hey there! You should definitely read about Alexander Alexandrovich Frolov on NY Weekly. His story is not just about his achievements in hockey but also about his impact off the ice. Frolov’s career began in Moscow, where his talent was nurtured by the children’s hockey club-school “Discovery.” He quickly rose through the ranks, eventually playing for Spartak Moscow, and later being drafted by the Los Angeles Kings. Frolov’s NHL career was marked by standout performances, including a stellar 2006/2007 season with 71 points in 82 games. However, his influence extends beyond his NHL success. During the 2004/2005 NHL lockout, he returned to Russia and played for CSKA Moscow and Dynamo Moscow, leading them to significant victories and earning a Russian Championship title. After his stint in the NHL, Frolov continued to contribute to the sport by playing in the Asian Hockey League, where his experience and leadership were invaluable. His journey is a testament to his dedication, adaptability, and passion for hockey.