We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Virtual Gifts and Chat [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 20 '13
I have the Latest 1.5.3 Just installed. All went well. Except The chat doesn't find Any users. And Virtual Gifts allows for creating a category but when I upload an image it just goes into the default directory not the new created and selected. And the new category does not show when you sign in as a member and go to send a gift.

Any Ideas?
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 19 '13
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 20 '13
Try deactivating the plugins, and reactivate them one at a time.
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 20 '13
Thanks I got the virtual gifts going by doing just that. But The Chat program doesn't seem to function. The window Is there but I can't seem to get to recognize any users.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 20 '13
Are you sure that your CRON is working correctly? 
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 20 '13
yes cron is working

Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 20 '13
OK, Chat Problem resolved. Had to use filezilla ftp in to the site delete the Ajaxim folder (in Plugins) , re upload the ajaxim folder then do an install from the plugin options in admin and all is working.

Thanks for input.
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 20 '13
Another Update, Found a bug. You cannot run the friends plugin with the Instant Chat program.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 20 '13
That's new to me. It works for me.
The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 Apr 20 '13
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 21 '13
I removed all plugins but the two. when the friends plugin is activated it immediately removes any users listed in the chat and the chat box becomes inactive. I have tried this on all of the four themes that comes with the new oxwall 1.5.3  This is not an upgrade but a brand new install. At this point those two plugin are the only thing that will not work when they are together.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 21 '13
Regarding chat and friends plugin.
We are aware of this issue.
It will be fixed in one of the upcoming builds. For now, if you are using "Friends" plugin, "Chat" will show online only those users that are your friends.
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 21 '13
OK Thank you for the Information. Appreciate it.
Shubham Abrol
Shubham Abrol Dec 19 '13
I want to use virtual gifts in ajaxim chat so that I can send these gifts to my friends through chat directly. How to do  implement this idea?
ross Team
ross Dec 19 '13
Shubham, this is a custom code modification. 

Shubham Abrol
Shubham Abrol Jan 12 '14
Quote from ross Shubham, this is a custom code modification. 

Can you that required custom code modification.Please help me.
ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
create a post in the custom code modification section of the forum.