We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Do you know that it is possible to send compressed data to the visitors | Forum

Pete
Pete Apr 21 '13

Reduce pages weight by compressing static data

Do you know that it is possible to send compressed data to the visitors, which will be decompressed by the client? This code will definitely save you (and your visitor) bandwidth and reduce your pages weight.

......................................................................................................

Add below code to your ataccess file

......................................................................................................

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css application/x-javascript
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
BrowserMatch bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

Pete
Pete Apr 21 '13
No it does not ,,it does not cause anyproblems on my htaccess ,you have never tried it ,so stop posting crap untill you do,i got this off a php code forum ,were some of these guys write full programs , I am not hireing you for jack shit mate.It realy get me when people like you post messages but never try anything.
The Forum post is edited by Pete Apr 21 '13
Pete
Pete Apr 21 '13
So you think your an exspert on php code ? ok then  go to 

http://www.datemill.com/addons.php

and the SMF Bridge needs updating , we will see how good you or ,when you have updated it post it on the forum at datemill ,as your so good it should only take you a couple of hours 

Pete
Pete Apr 21 '13
Quote from Thao Le realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy

Feel being offended? Dont be, because Im a teenager and 9gags getting bore these days, lol

I tried, it said 500 Internal Server Error. Your Apache webserver has mod_deflate installed that why it works. Just saying this option is not available for everyone, most of everyone :>

dont mad at me for having teenager spirit :]

I am not mad at you ,people can try this code and if it does not work thay can remove it ,as simple as that .I am not offended ,you or allowed to say what you like ,and so am i .So i post a challenge for you to see how good you or at php, so you take up this challage then ?
Pete
Pete Apr 21 '13
Sorry is this challange to hard for you ? it was not posted to prove anything ,i posted it to see how good at php you were .If you could of done this you could of also made other mods for this script and sold them on the forum of datemill,pity you could of made yourself alot of money making mods as there is not very many ,but lots of members
Pete
Pete Apr 21 '13
I wanted to see how good you or at php ,never mind