We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug - "FTP Invalid attributes! Provided the user does not have permissions to overwrite files." | Forum

idea
idea Apr 21 '13
Dear,
i have 1.5.1 and since 1.4 i am getting continuous same issue of having following message when i try to use auto update of "core" or "plugins" from admin page.

""FTP Invalid attributes! Provided the user does not have permissions to overwrite files.""

#my ftp credentials work properly with ftp client
#asked to my hosting provider for the same issue they said there is issue with oxwall script and not their
#ftp account which i am using have full permissions

{i strongly believe that oxwall script have the bug, because it needs the same ftp credentials-default username and password of ftp which were previously used during the installation of the script}
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 21 '13
Check the folder and file permissions. 
Jacob
Jacob Apr 21 '13
How did you install the script?  Did you do it manually or with Softaculous?
Jacob
Jacob Apr 21 '13
You have to use the same user/pass as the FTP account that did the install if your using Cpanel, as you cant change permissions for ftp users.  If you use Softaclous, make sure your using the default FTP account, not one you created yourself.

Also the problem I had when I had this issue yesterday was the host did not setup the ftp properly.  I was using ftp.mysite.com like I was told to, but since the didnt do the setup correctly it wouldn't work, but supposedly for ftp any domain will work, so I dropped the ftp and just connected to mysite.com as the host name and it worked perfectly.

Try that and I hope it helps.