We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forums support | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Aug 29 '10
OK Go forums,
Got my key,
FTP'd forums to site, installed. It is visible. All seems well.
Umm, 2 questions,
1: What do I do with the key?
2: When I goto add a forum the button does nothing both IE and firefox.
IE shows error,
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 07:19:00 UTC

Line: 82
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.shuttertime.co.uk/...ns/forum/js/forum.js

TA

Michael

Den Team
Den Aug 30 '10
Hi Michael
1. When you try to update your paid plugin, system will ask you this key.
Note: this key is connected with your site's IP. So, if somebody will know your key, he will not be able to use it instead you from another IP.

2. Yesterday, our test team founded this bug and we have already fixed it. So, now you need to update your forum plugin and enjoy :)
Also, look this article if you don't see update button in your admin panel.
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 30 '10
failed with a 500 error but I uninstalled, re-installed and all worked as you explained. Thanks!

Michael Leader
Michael Aug 30 '10
I also noticed my site jumped into maintenance mode... then the forums disappeared then they wouldnt show and a whole lot of other stuff. I ended up removing the plugin ref in the db and the forums tables to get it to install again.
All is fine now just waiting for the 24hr period to come around to re-key again. It DID work. I did something weird to make it go whoopie... I think!!!

Anyways, a handy link in admin would be to force a recheck for updates immediately cos I now am having to wait.
Will keep you posted...
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 1 '10
All seems fine. A simple install (after I stopped messing about)
UPDATED EXACTLY AS YOU SAID.
Den Team
Den Sep 1 '10
Good job :)