We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

YunoHost under VPN for fixed IP | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Hello everyone,
I have been a Yunohost user for several years, and during my experience, I changed my access provider, going from Free to Orange, thus saying goodbye to my fixed IP.

So I looked into setting up a VPN server, to which my YunoHost server would be connected, so that it would benefit from the VPN’s fixed IP, as well as the possibility of customizing the reverse proxy.

I tried to follow this tutorial: Homemade WireGuard VPN on a VPS server

Unfortunately, after the first step, which consists of modifying the /etc/network/interfaces file, I no longer have SSH access to the VPS.
If you have any leads, I would be interested, because in the current state of things, I am forced to use ddclient to update my DNS zone, and I cannot send emails because Orange (my ISP) blocks the port 25 to fight spam.

Thank you for your future answers
Claudette Leanna
In general it means that you have an error in the interfaces file that prevents the VPS from connecting to the internet, hence the loss of SSH access.
Alex Baroness
I've been using Yunohost for a few years now and recently switched my access provider from Free to Orange, which meant losing my fixed IP. I decided to set up a VPN server to get a fixed IP for my Yunohost server and customize the reverse proxy.I had a similar issue before and found some helpful tips on https://bnhsoftware.com/. They often have great troubleshooting advice.Right now, I'm stuck using ddclient to update my DNS zone and can't send emails because Orange blocks port 25. Anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?