We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bluehost | Forum

BC
BC Apr 26 '13
Just a heads up.

Bluehost no longer offer Oxwall as a standard install.

Den Team
Den May 3 '13
BC,

Would you provide more details? 

BC
BC May 3 '13
It's ok. They're offering it again after a load of people requested it. ;D
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 3 '13
Warning BlueHost is having a lot of server problems with OXWALL. The techs all blame it on Oxwall. I have been dealing with them over this for a month now. I don't think it's Oxwall but BlueHost servers are overloaded.. 
BC
BC May 4 '13
Yeah. I think they're assuming that people will upgrade to the dedicated platform.

I had to in the end as I'm running an Oxwall project as well as 3 other projects and the resources they all use is immense. It wasn't fair on everyone else who was on the shared hosting. ^_^

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 4 '13
BC Did u go dedicated, Or a Pro package?  Funny BlueHost never had problems till last month.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 4 '13
I have had good support and even direct support in migrating from another provider (that advertised Oxwall but couldn't seem to handle it).  I will not name them because they were real nice about refunding me.  My new hosting is at http://tinyurl.com/happyhosting ;

I won't say there were never issues from time to time but they were very helpful and cooperative.  With any shared hosting you are vulnerable to others on that host who might have a runaway script or something (which could happen to any of us, eh?)

Steve

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 4 '13
I have been with BlueHost for four years and never had any problems. Till last month. Now I'm thinking about changing. But I'll give them a month or two to figure out what the problem is.
The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 May 6 '13
Boris Duric
Boris Duric Sep 4 '13
Hi MarkieMark67,

which platform to use on BlueHost?