We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

3 Questions (totally unrelated!) | Forum

Scott
Scott Apr 27 '13
Question one:

Is it possible for me to include a member search in the menu bar, rather than only having it on the members page? (and if so, any pointers on code?)

Question two:

I need to add a new privacy option to the existing:

Only me

Friends

Registered Members

Public

I need to add an option to only show to paid/premium members. Any pointers on how to go about adding new privacy options?

Question Three:

Is there a way to style the different "actions" that appear in the newsfeed?
Actions being:

UserA *liked* UserB's status

UserA *commented* on UserB's Status

etc - where the bits in * are the action. I've looked through the code, and am unable to find where/how they're differentiated, and there do not appear to be unique classes applied to the actions when viewing the generated source.

Many thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Scott Apr 27 '13
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 30 '13
Please read before posting: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6082

Probably, using Oxwall Market would be a better idea since you are requesting pretty complicated code modifications.

Scott
Scott May 2 '13
I'm not looking for a step-by-step, and I certainly don't require someone to do it for me - I asked to be pointed in the right direction, I did not ask to be patronised and spoken to like an infant.

It's no wonder this forum is useless, if all the "team" members respond as you do.

Daisy Team
Daisy May 3 '13
Scott, as Michael said, the changes you are asking for are too complicated and it's impossible to give you the directions or brief information on how it could be done. We ask everyone to provide us with the exact  questions, so we could see the way the feature is developed and what should have been done to make it work correctly. For example, if you started developing a modification and it does not function the way you want, you can provide us with the changes you made, so then we could guide you on what has been done incorrectly and what you should do to fix it.

Your questions are general, and it would be wrong if we told you that you can make the changes in this or that file, because the modifications you are talking about can affect a lot of other files that we did not mention.

If you have the exact questions, please do not hesitate to ask, we will do our best to assist you.