We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email verification email is not send [Answered] | Forum

Peter
Peter Apr 28 '13
Hi guys, does anyone know how to fix this.? Mass mails are always sent with no probs, but when anyone register on my site, email verification email is not sent so people are stacked until I manually mark them as "Verified"
help please :(

thanks,
peter
The Forum post is edited by Alia May 7 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 29 '13
Peter, tested on your site.
Verification email is coming.
I used gmail to test.

Abbey
Abbey Apr 29 '13
I have the opposite problem.... they;re the only emails my site's sending
Alia Team
Alia May 1 '13
Abbey,I guess this issue was fixed as well when you have set your CRON: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10581
Abbey
Abbey May 1 '13
no I thought it was but it isn't.
unless I run my cron manually the only emails sent are email verification for new members and email change.

bob daubney
bob daubney May 1 '13
How can I find out what the correct command for the cron should be? I have updated the site to 1.5 also installed the cron fix. I have arxixe as a server and never can get it to work right This is what the command I use  does this command need to be posted in the cron file - /ow_cron/run.php Arvixe don't know the answer so How can I get the site working right 

This is an adult site
*/5****/usr/local/bin/php /home/bivegas/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Abbey
Abbey May 1 '13
try /usr/local/bin/php /home/bivegas/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
or /usr/bin/php -q/home/bivegas/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Also what plugins do you have active, it was a developer plugin causing my email/cron issue. I removed the Send Credits and Credit History plugin and the cron/email issue went away.
Alia Team
Alia May 2 '13
Bob, try Abbey's commands.

You can also find instructions on how to get your command here: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron.
You will need to follow steps listed under "Run Cron Locally" section.

Peter
Peter May 6 '13
Thanks Ailiia, I don't know why but it has suddenly started work.. :) But it didn't.. Thanks anyway!
Don
Don May 7 '13
I set up my site with email verification, and afterwards a person signing up with an email account on the same domain as my site would receive the verification email. However, if the person was signing up with a gmail address, they would not receive the verification email. This was tested with a number of gmail addresses with the same result. (they are not going into the spam folder either, they just don't show up)

This is with the SMTP setting on or off. It does the exact same thing either way.

Does this sound like an SMTP problem on my host?

Alia Team
Alia May 10 '13
Don, does this happen with verification emails only?

I have registered on your site using gmail, and I received welcome email already.
Don
Don May 10 '13
Aliia, to the best of my knowledge, it only was happening on verification emails, so I turned the email verification off. Also interesting was that when I did a test when I first set it up, and for the very first person who signed up using gmail, it worked. After that, no one using gmail received the email verification email. There was a couple of other email domains after that where the persons didn't receive verification emails either.