We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug Report | Forum

Donamix
Donamix May 6 '13
Hello, please check this screenshot

Donamix
Donamix May 7 '13

Newsfeed plugin is disabled

I can't activate it, when i do i get the 500 Error

The Forum post is edited by Donamix May 7 '13
Donamix
Donamix May 8 '13
Mhmmm,  what can i say, "What a fast support service"
dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

I am not tech support but did you back up your db by chance before you installed that plugin, if so just put the backup db back.  If you did not then i would try to uninstall the news feed all together, and then reinstall it...

Somehow you got a duplicate primary key for that plugin is what it looks like..   Did anything happen out of the ordinary when you did this, maybe hitting a button twice or anything at all.

And you really do need to be patient, most support forums even phpbb have a 24hour reply notice, so you cant expect an answer in 1 hour bud...  

The Forum post is edited by dave May 8 '13
Donamix
Donamix May 8 '13
Dear i am patient,

But it's been more than 24hour, well i did not really do anything at all, i havn't installed or updated plugin for about a week, i just woke up in the morning and saw the error, i enabled debug to see whats going on?

I saw an error from Shoutbox plugin   "Widget not found" i contacted the plugin developer he fix it.

But then he said now there is something with Newsfeed you have to contact oxwall suppurt

dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

Fair enough... i was going off your last post sorry about that...  how busy is your site, i mean do you have live members on there now?

My thought is that you can export your newsfeed tables, the problem does not appear to be in those tables but in the plugin table i believe, like i said im not tech support just saying where i would start. 

So export your newsfeed tables, all of them, uninstall the plugin, then i would clear all my cache everything, log off run cleaner, just so i know its all gone (peace of mind is all), then log back into the site and run thru some pages, then reinstall the plugin and then remove all the brand new news feed tables and import your saved ones. 

At least that way you will have something to tell support as to what you did and you have uninstalled and reinstalled to try to remove the duplicate key...

Of course you can wait for support, up to you im just trying to help..  

Donamix
Donamix May 8 '13
Yes that's why i'm in hurry, my site is busy, and has live members.

They keep contacting me why they can't see their comments.

I'm scared of unistalling the plugin and re installing it, i don't wanna lose the data.

Sorry i'm not good with database, not sure how to  export my newsfeed tables.

dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

Yeah if you dont know what your doing with the tables you can mess them up, its easy for those of us that have done it but i understand its alittle intimidating at first. 

If you use cpanel and phpMyAdmin all you have to do is when the db comes up you just put a checkmark next to the tables you want to export, there are 8 newsfeed i believe.  And then on the very botton there is a drop down menu and you select export..  should be the first option, dont choose any other option in that menu or you could wipe out your data...

Prob the best thing for you to do now since  you are not familiar with this is to run a backup of your whole site now, it will also save your db data and you can always go in afterwords and patch the data back in pieces from that backup in your db. 

So go ahead and run a full site backup from your cpanel if thats how you do it, and then wait for support to see whats up, they may have a better way...

Sorry i could not help more... :)

Donamix
Donamix May 8 '13
I always have a backup, it runs daily, i'm on a VPS Cloud Server.
Donamix
Donamix May 8 '13
Oh SHIT. i unistalled the plugin then installed it again, worked but i lost all Newsfeed data
Alia Team
Alia May 8 '13
Donamix, you will need to truncate ow_newsfeed_action_set  table in your database.
This is cache saving table and seems like it is  full now for your site. Truncation will not erase any data.

Note it is very important to truncate it and NOT simply clean it.

Donamix
Donamix May 8 '13
Quote from Aliia Donamix, you will need to truncate ow_newsfeed_action_set  table in your database.
This is cache saving table and seems like it is  full now for your site. Truncation will not erase any data.

Note it is very important to truncate it and NOT simply clean it.

TOO LATE!!!!!
dave Leader
dave May 8 '13
thats why i said wait for support and be patient and have a backup... so sorry that happend to you...  Now you will need to restore the tables from backup and then do as support recommended afterwords...
The Forum post is edited by dave May 8 '13