We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Lost everything. | Forum

Agent B
Agent B May 6 '13
Um, updated MySQL to 5.5 and everything erased. Hostname won't accept and I don't know what to do. Pretty lost, please help.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Who did the update for MySQL? You or your host? If its your host, the problem is with them.

You dont have your backup?
Agent B
Agent B May 6 '13
I did the update myself because whenever I tried uploading a plugin it would not work and come to a 500 server error page. I figured updating the database may solve problems rather than give problems.. the backup isn't working. I have Oxwall on my control panel file manager but MySql isn't there? Which is why i'm confused. It's forcing me to remake oxwall yet it won't even let me. >.<
Agent B
Agent B May 6 '13
Keeps saying MySql is currently offline, I believe that is the reason behind all of this. How do I turn it back on? ._.
Agent B
Agent B May 6 '13
I rebooted container on my VPS and now it works, that was honestly the last thing I would expect to fix it. Computers man.... And now my control panel is glitching. I'll figure things out myself XD
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Might be, that after your installation, you forgot to restart the mysql server.

Hope all issues get resolved for you..