We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Permissions | Forum

John
John May 7 '13
Hi, i have set up my site and everything was going well until i did a test of all the features before I started getting visitors. the videos gives me an error, specifically:
Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document.

the roles have been set to allow this so i am unsure what to do about fixing it. as it is a focus of my site to have some videos on there.
Alia Team
Alia May 8 '13
John,

First of all check whether you have set 777 permissions recursively to ow_userfiles and to ow_pluginfiles folders.

Check your server's error logs.

Also you will need to check with your hosting company. Sometimes server settings block certain URLs which contain certain words.
John
John May 8 '13
Thanks for your reply Aliia.

I have indeed set permissions for those folders to 777. it still does not work. I have checked with my hosting company and they assure me that theres no block present.
John
John May 8 '13
also the error log shows this..

[Wed May 08 09:11:03 2013] [error] [client 78.131.222.230] ModSecurity: Input filter: Failed to rename file from "/tmp/20130508-091102-eYw5gJX-Pg8AAC5GT1UAAAAB-file-feyNTZ" to "/var/asl/data/suspicious/20130508-091102-eYw5gJX-Pg8AAC5GT1UAAAAB-file-feyNTZ". [hostname "l33tlab.com"] [uri "/index.php"] [unique_id "eYw5gJX-Pg8AAC5GT1UAAAAB"]

if that helps any
Alia Team
Alia May 10 '13
John, can you approach your hosting company's support once more time with one specific question: whether they have any special mod_security rules ( show them your error from error log).

Also can you check what do you currently have in your Oxwall's .htaccess file.
And make sure to have 777 for:
ow_pluginfiles ow_userfiles, ow_static, ow_smarty/template_c

P.S:( Do you by any chance use hostgator?)