We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Liability and License FB branding. - Facebook Go | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 13 '13

Hi i love the theme and so will my members.  Nice job.. But i have a question about the legal end of this.  How can you sell a (facebook)FB branded theme, i assume you have permission from FB Corp. ?  

I am just concerned about purchasing the theme only to find that FB is going to come down on me legally for not having permission to use a FB branded theme but also because somehow they have copyright to the format somehow..

It is one thing to have a theme by another name that resembles their layout, it is quite another to call if FB and in conjunction with displaying it as  FB...

Is this theme somehow part of their application API? 

Thanks..

dave Leader
dave May 14 '13

OK np, i still think the DMCA applies and or Facebook themselves would have a huge issue with you using their logo without proper permission example or not.   I had a customer what wanted me to install this theme for them so that is why i as asking. Culpability has long arms when they have big money ya know..   You do understand that using their logo like that could be considered illegal right..  

Anyway just wanted to check, still not sure i might just have the customer do it since i really dont free completely confortable with purchasing if in fact FB had a problem with it they would come after me as an accessory... So i think i will wait.. 

Evie
Evie May 14 '13
How do you change the logo. I have been trying for hours
dave Leader
dave May 14 '13

Quote from Evie
How do you change the logo. I have been trying for hours

Admin -> appearence -> edit theme -> then you can upload a logo image...

If that does not work (if they dont have that feature in there) then you will need to find the image name and just replace it with your own.  The image itself you should be able to find in their download in images folder im sure.    But i think the first option is pretty standard practice for themes here .

PS fabulous smile you have ")

Oh and dont forget to clear your cache after you do that, do you know how to do that?

The Forum post is edited by dave May 14 '13
You do not have permission to reply this topic