We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to remove 'powered by Oxwall' [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
asif ullah
asif ullah May 20 '13
How to remove 'powered by Oxwall' i have also paid 50 usd donation
The Forum post is edited by Alia May 22 '13
dave Leader
dave May 20 '13

@meno 

yeah i did the same thing but used a transparent background, but have since changed it to one of these to stay legal.  I did not know this existed, so not sure if it is new or has been here but i will abide by it anyway.   Just thought you might like to know in case you did not see Aliia post on another topic..

Check this out..

http://www.oxwall.org/attribution

The Forum post is edited by dave May 20 '13
dave Leader
dave May 20 '13

@ meno... np  happy coding... :) 

I think its nice of Oxwall to even provide this option.  My software does not even allow this option, i want my name out there.  I do allow customers to put their own copyright and company name but my info stays as well, too much hard work and midnight coding to take my name off it..

Alia Team
Alia May 20 '13
Asif, I will email you, regarding your donation.
asif ullah
asif ullah May 20 '13
ok

will wait for your email Aliia

asif ullah
asif ullah May 21 '13
thanks aliaa 
vi ashnah
vi ashnah Nov 28 '16
i think the reason why most would take off the logo if for competition reason not to show where we got the software from..
dave Leader
dave Nov 28 '16
Yes Vi this is true, 

However, there are rules to follow in doing so, this way you do not violate any license agreement.  

Also anyone that knows what to look for can make that determination very easily anyway so hiding the attribute makes no sense as its so easy to find out which software your using.