We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What are the PHP server memory requirements for Oxwall? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 20 '13
What are the PHP server memory requirements and/or recommendations for Oxwall? 

Thanks

dave Leader
dave May 20 '13
Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 20 '13
I am on shared hosting so that didn't tell me a lot.
dave Leader
dave May 20 '13

ok,  if you go to your cPanel on the left side bar on the bottom of that bar is says "service status (click to view)"  it will show you how much memory your using, if you know how much memory your server has you can deduct how much oxwall uses from there.  

Does that help ?

Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 20 '13
Nope, I am trying to find out what is the advertised requirement to run Oxwall and the ideal amount.  The cPanel does not tell much because the hosting puts limits on the PHP memory.
dave Leader
dave May 20 '13
Oh ok, i dont know if i have seen that even advertised.  I dont even think its possible or even practicle because it would depend on how many plugins, and what kind of plugins.  Are you talking about a bare bones install with just 1.5 and nothing else?
Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 20 '13
Just want to know what the recommended amount is.
dave Leader
dave May 20 '13

I have looked at old blogs, included read me files in the script and searched for a while now and this is all i have found so far. 

Looks like iyaffle has a stats display on the botton of the page,  so it looks like to load the script is about 22MB.. 

http://www.iyaffle.com/oxwall-latest/events

I will keep looking for you

Alia Team
Alia May 20 '13
Steve, can't tell exact number. The more is the better.
Recommended minimal value is 32Mbs for start up websites.