We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Install new plugin- Invalid FTP attributes! | Forum

Alexander
Alexander Apr 28 '11
I'm use Platform version: 1.1.1 (3485)
1.Download Instant Chat ajaxim.3547.zip
2.Go to Admin-Manage Plugins-Add new plugin
3.Select ajaxim.3547.zip from harddisk and push Upload button
4.In red box see "FTP access needed to complete the operation"
4.1 "Enter Attributes" fill host,login and pass- push enter- red box see "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files."
5.Go ftp client to home dir and see /ow_pluginfiles/plugin/ajaxim created!
5.1 delete /ajaxim from /ow_pluginfiles/plugin/
6.Unzip ajaxim.3547.zip and transfer via ftp to /ow_plugins
6.1 On Available Plugins page Instant Chat push on 'install'
green box "Instant Chat" plugin successfully installed
Cool int work!
test install another plugins via admin install- end step on red box see "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files."
Q- why via admin page not install plugin ?
The Forum post is edited by Alexander Apr 29 '11
Rivu
Rivu Apr 29 '11
Alexander,
I think, Your FTP Details were not correct. For oxwall if you want to use FTP in admin panel, your FTP folder should be your oxwall home directory.

that means, when creating an FTP account, don't use a subfolder but choose your oxwall home directory.for example if you installed oxwall on main site ans using cPanel, it should be your public_html Folder.
Alexander
Alexander Apr 30 '11
"Your FTP Details were not correct". I'm simple type patch to directory,hide full patch.
Full patch /usr/home/sitename/www/.... directory oxwall.
i'm not use admin panel- i'm work via ssh or ftp on my web server with installed Apache 2,php5,mysql5.5.
Can I remove a directory with acess via FTP client. At the same time through the web interface I specify a valid username and password to access and get the red box.
Rivu
Rivu May 1 '11
"Can I remove a directory with acess via FTP client."
You Can in most of Cases.

anyway you want to use FTP, there should be a particular FTP account.
and for that account your folder should be the oxwall home DIR.
Den Team
Den May 2 '11
@Alexander
Would you send me PM with your site admin and valid FTP (which you used to upload plugin manually) details? Our dev team will check it.
Michael Leader
Michael May 3 '11
Is there stilla requirement to use the same ftp used when creating the site to be used for updates? I remember something in the distant past the ownership can cause problems...
Alexander
Alexander May 3 '11
On some hosting ftp user is really different from the user that Apache or another web server to upload and operates with files. In my case it all comes from the same user and group. I think the nuance in the in-system logic oxwall
Chris W
Chris W Jun 21 '11
Yes I find the concept of using ftp for this all a bit strange and worrisome. The scripts should be using scp or at the very least wget as they're pulling stuff in not sending it somewhere! Nevertheless I'm only here because it doesn't work for me either. I too (like some others) have installed at the prompt using the commandline/ssh/scp. The system is ubuntu 11.4 server with wu-ftp and an ftp user which is more than happy to have full perms in the site. I have ftp'ed manually to the machine and can carry out read/write/delete tasks.

Other modules install fine but updates do not which makes me think this is a bug not a feature. Hay-ulp!
Alexander
Alexander Jun 21 '11
I installed all the files attributes www:www user and group under which the web-server Apache. As a last resort, may be set for all files chmod 777 that will be a complete violation of safety. But this is not a single update of the toolbar can not do
Addenster - a personal note, I wrote about how to troubleshoot access to the admin section of the site.I f you have free time please try again.
Den Team
Den Jun 23 '11
@Alexander
Ok, would you PM me with you FTP and admin panel details please? our dev guys will check it with your instructions.
Alexander
Alexander Jul 26 '11
ticket can be closed. After upgrading to version 1.1.1 quite miraculously started to update all the plugins! ;)
Many thanks to all the development team for the help!
This topic is locked