We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 Internal Server Error. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo May 25 '13
Hello,

I am always experiencing "Error 500 Internal Server Error", is this a normal problem that happens all the time.

Regards,
Rainier 
Rainier Sotelo
This is what my server provider has advised me:

"The url http://triskelionhandshake.com/Verification/500.phtml is not supported in the server . The supported extensions are .php,shtml . The file 500.phtml is supported in the server"
dave Leader
dave May 25 '13

try adding this to your .htaccess file at the top

AddType    text/phtml    .html

This should tell the server to run phtml file extensions as html

let me know if that works please.

Rainier Sotelo
Hello Dave,

I have a very limited knowledge about web based technologies, could you please advise how to do it in a step-by-step basis.

From this part:

1) try adding this to your .htaccess file at the top

2) AddType    text/phtml    .html

Many thanks,
Rainier
dave Leader
dave May 25 '13

open your cpanel, open your pubic_html root of your oxwall domain and use the editor to edit .htaccess file

put that #2 at the top 

then save..

also read this  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11082

The Forum post is edited by dave May 25 '13
Alia Team
Alia May 27 '13
Rainier,  if you are experiencing 500 error you will first of all need to find out whether this is Oxwall generated 500 error, or server generated one. More info here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4661.

I am assuming your were getting server related 500 error and your host explained this by the fact that their 500 error showed up because your server doesn't support .pthml extension used for oxwall related 500 error?

If this is the case then this means that youdo have some kind of issues with your installation since 500.phtml (generated by Oxwall) doesn't appear for no reason.  You need to enable DEBUG mode in config.php to find our the real error. But if my assumption is right you will not be able to do so since your server doesn't support .phtml.

Try Dave's solution.
If it won't work for you, ask your hosting company what you need to do and where so that .phtml s support on your site.

Alia Team
Alia May 27 '13
P.S  it is weird that your server doesn't support .phtml . Who do you host with?
Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo May 29 '13
Hello again Aliia,

I have http://www.pacifichost.com/ as my server hosting provider.

Cheers!
Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo May 31 '13
Hello Dave,

Is this is what you are talking about to edit:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gz
AddEncoding gzip .gzip
<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">
  ForceType text/javascript
</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">
  ForceType text/css
</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Quote from dave

open your cpanel, open your pubic_html root of your oxwall domain and use the editor to edit .htaccess file

put that #2 at the top 

then save..

also read this  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11082

Rainier Sotelo
Hello Dave,

OR this is what you are talking about to edit:

AddType text/phtml .html

Options -MultiViews -Indexes

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
    php_flag register_globals Off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_flag allow_url_include Off
    php_flag register_globals Off
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^blogs/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/all/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all  [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?page=$2&per_page=$1  [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_blogs [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_blogs&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_posts [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/top_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$2&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/{0,1}$    modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName= [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2&page=$4&per_page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/home/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=home [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/all_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all_posts [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/all_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/popular_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=popular_posts [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/popular_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=popular_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/featured_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=featured_posts [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/tags/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=tags [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/show_calendar/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_calendar [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=main [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/add/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=add [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/manage/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=manage [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/pending/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=pending [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=edit_post&EditPostID=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/member_posts/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerID=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^blogs/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=category&uri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?Browse=1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/add/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add&EditPostID=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/dimg/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add&EditPostID=$1&dimg=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/manage/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=manage [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/pending/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=pending [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/expired/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=expired [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/disapproved/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=disapproved [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/cat/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?catUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/all/cat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?catUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/subcat/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?scatUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/all/subcat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?scatUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?entryUri=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds_tags.php?tag=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/calendar/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_calendar [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/categories/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_categories [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/tags/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=tags [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/all_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_all_ads [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/top_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_top_rated [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/popular_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_popular [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/featured_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_featured [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^ads/member_ads/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?UsersOtherListing=1&IDProfile=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^search/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  search.php?Tags=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^browse/([^/.]+)/([^/.]+)/([^/.]+)$ browse.php?sex=$1&age=$2&country=$3 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^m/(.*)$  modules/index.php?r=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/groups/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=groups [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^forum/events/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=events [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^forum/store/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=store [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^forum/$  modules/boonex/forum/index.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^forum/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^page/(.*)$  viewPage.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule .+ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)$ profile.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

AddType application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip .air
AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf

Quote from Rainier Sotelo AddType text/phtml .html

dave Leader
dave May 31 '13

as long as you have   AddType text/phtml .html  near the top of your .htaccess file you should be ok.   Both of those look like htaccess so i dont see a dif..  

you last reply that looks like this:

AddType text/phtml .html

Options -MultiViews -Indexes

does look correct.  :) 

ps wow you have alot of rewrites, i never seen so many..

Rainier Sotelo
are those rewrites bad for my site, or should i need to delete those...
dave Leader
dave May 31 '13

Were they done by you or by some script that you installed?

Im not a apache expert i just know the basics and i often have to consult others when it comes to rewrite code, but seems to me that it would use needed resources having to run so many.  I been in alot of htaccess files and have never seen that many wow.. lol

Maybe Paul or one of the others with much more server rewrite code experience can chime in, you might even shoot paul a private msg too if you want. :)

dave Leader
dave May 31 '13
I sent a message to paul for you, he is not online now.  :)
Rainier Sotelo
thanks a lot dave

cheers!

Paul M.
Paul M. May 31 '13
For the phtml issue, do you know what type of web server your site is running on? If your host is running apache AddType should have worked. I would try this syntax though: AddType Application/x-httpd-php .phtml

If your host machine is running php as cgi you may wan to try using this instead: AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .phtml
This pretty much tells the web server that any file with a .phtml extension needs to be parsed by php. As for your other rewrites I wouldn't touch them. They look pretty harmless. Are you running an SEO plugin of sorts?

Rainier Sotelo
Rainier Sotelo Jun 1 '13
Hello Paul,

I am using https://clients.pacifichost.com/ server and my server technical support has advised me this:

"Yes our servers support file with extension .phtml .
But I've checked your account "triskeli" and couldn't find out any files with extension .phtml."

Many thanks,
Rainier
Paul M.
Paul M. Jun 1 '13
pm sent
Alia Team
Alia Jun 3 '13
Was the issue resolved?