We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installation on Windows Server | Forum

Tim
Tim May 25 '13

Unfortunately I have problems with the installation and do not come on.

Starting point:

Windows server V

Plesk

The V server very fresh, have previously always had a Debian server and as always, everything went ....

When you call the domain http://oxwall.aczserver.de already comes the 404.

Can someone help me find the problem??

Greetings Tim

The Forum post is edited by Tim May 25 '13
dave Leader
dave May 25 '13

First it is very dangerous to share your php info with the world, you are inviting trouble to do so.  I would take that link off your post above.  

Also have you verified that you meet the requirements, image attached. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 25 '13
Attachments:
  oxwallreq.jpg (40.1Kb)
Tim
Tim May 25 '13
Have taken out the php.ini ... YES all requirements are met ... Therefore, I find no fault.
Tim
Tim May 25 '13

I just see the IIS so use .. It must be Apache?

That would explain everything

dave Leader
dave May 25 '13
Im not sure if it must be Apache, but it would explain it you are correct.   Maybe a team member can be more informative on that one, im not sure..
Paul M.
Paul M. May 26 '13
Tim,

Can you browse the site via IP or are you using host headers? If you are using host headers make sure you have them / it mapped correctly. If you are using server 2008 or better you can use failed trace request logging in IIS to see what file is actually being called.  Just set the filter for 404's. Another thing might be causing a 404 is that you haven't added .php as a default doc type. Sometimes this can be added under the root site but doesn't get propagated down correctly. You can however set the default doc type on a per site basis. Honestly though if you have the option I would stick with nginx or apache. 

Tim
Tim May 26 '13
Quote from Paul M. Tim,

Can you browse the site via IP or are you using host headers? If you are using host headers make sure you have them / it mapped correctly. If you are using server 2008 or better you can use failed trace request logging in IIS to see what file is actually being called.  Just set the filter for 404's. Another thing might be causing a 404 is that you haven't added .php as a default doc type. Sometimes this can be added under the root site but doesn't get propagated down correctly. You can however set the default doc type on a per site basis. Honestly though if you have the option I would stick with nginx or apache. 

I have the standard doc type checked ... Everything Ok (see photo)
My subdomain created oxwall.aczserver.de lands in the correct folder as I briefly had a info.php it. When I open the page it forwards it to continue http://oxwall.aczserver.de/install/requirements (404).

Attachments:
  standartdoc_typ.jpg (46.84Kb)
Paul M.
Paul M. May 26 '13
Are you using the mod rewrite module? I can reach, http://oxwall.aczserver.de/index.php/install. I'm not sure but it seems like rewrites are not working properly. If you are dead set on running the site in IIS you may want to try importing the .htaccess file into the native IIS rewrite module, which in turn will recreate the rules in the sites root app.config. Honestly though I think even if you get past this you are in for a buggy experience. I wouldn't run oxwall on anything other than nginx or apache. This is just my opinion though.
Alia Team
Alia May 30 '13
>>it seems like rewrites are not working properly

+1.