We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

login session | Forum

Lina
Lina May 25 '13
Need help.. I dont know what the name cookies, cache, or session.. How to enable if user comeback to my site is autologin/still login (if they not clik logout button) Because if i leave my site back, i must clik login button.. Thanks for help..
dave Leader
dave May 25 '13
From what i have seen they use cookie not sessions very much, their session vars are very limited only a few of them.  It is mostly cookies.   If you are loged in and you close the tab, and keep the browser window open and then use the same browser window to open the site in a new tab, you should still be logged in if the cookie has not expired.    
The Forum post is edited by dave May 25 '13
Lina
Lina May 25 '13
Oo.. I see.. But how to setting if users close browser or comeback again tommorow to my site they still login without push login button again? Setting in cpanel or in oxwall script? Thanks..
dave Leader
dave May 25 '13

The reason is that in several places in the script the login cookie is set to:

setcookie('ow_login', $loginCookie->getCookie(), (time() + 86400 * 7), '/', null, null, true);

which is 7 days.   and the last value there 'true" is for http only access, and may not be supported by all browsers, it is a security attribute and i would not recommend changing it.

Lina
Lina May 25 '13
I dont know about php... But just suggestion for next oxwall update maybe can still login after close browser... Like facebook, twitter, or other script i still login after i close browser... In my browser not 7 days but 5 minutes i close browser and back again to this forum or oxwall script i must login again.. Thanks...
Julien
Julien Jun 8 '13
Quote from Lina I dont know about php... But just suggestion for next oxwall update maybe can still login after close browser... Like facebook, twitter, or other script i still login after i close browser... In my browser not 7 days but 5 minutes i close browser and back again to this forum or oxwall script i must login again.. Thanks...

+1