We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can Blog Post Dates be Changed? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jon
Jon May 28 '13

I started to write a rather long blog post in December and saved it as a "Draft."

Posted lots of new blogs since then.

Remembered the Draft post, went and finished it, then "Published" it. However, the date of edit remains as December which puts it WAY down the list on the newsfeed and list of current blogs.

Is there some way (perhaps using the mysql database) that I can change the edit date so that it comes up as the most current blog entry?

I'm using: Oxwall Version 1.5.3, and Macabre theme. All plugin updates have been completed.

dave Leader
dave May 28 '13

There are a couple of thinjgs you can do.  The date is stored in ow_blogs_post as a timestamp which means that it has this format  1369788358 .  The higher the timestamp the greater the date.

1. you can look at a timestamp of one of your later blogs in the table and just copy and paste that timestamp into your new timestamp field and decrement it by one.   So lets say that you find a blog date on your site and you want to make it earlier than that one.  Just find that row on your table for the one you want to copy and copy the timestamp lets say for example it is  1369788358, then you just paste that and decrement it a couple like so  1369788348  (see i changed the last two to 48).  This will make the date earlier.

2. (this one is probably easier for you)  Just go here and enter the date and copy and paste the timestamp into the timestamp field of the one you want to change.

http://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php

enter the date and time (time is optional) and then you can copy and paste the timestamp

if you click on the field in phpMyAdmin you can edit it inline that way