We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Account Type Change | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 31 '13

I have found a few threads on this subject but no resolve yet.  Should i assume that admin still cannot change account type if they want to for a user? 

I want to be able to change a user from standard to premium, even if i have to do this manually or thru the DB i dont mind, i just need a way to do this.

Thanks.

bobbi
bobbi May 31 '13
if i understand correctly, you need to go to admin -members- members roles create the roles for standard and premium if you havent done so, then go to the members profile and click change role choose premium

we have different account types, and this is how we do it
Shaun
Shaun Jun 2 '13
You can change the account type through the data base i will see if i can find the thread that helped me to do it.

Shaun
Shaun Jun 2 '13
Old Forum Post

Try reading this post.
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '13

Thanks Shaun, but not what i wanted buddy :),  i did go to the db but what i wanted was to try to find out what they used for encryption  because i may need to change the account type for some of my members.   I do know i can just copy one encryption value to another members record but again not realy what i wanted as i also have an idea for a plugin.

I did search the code and i did find where they hash the account type, but there was no record of what type of hash md5 sha2556 or ?    I did try those but they also toss in some kind of salt as well to the mix and i was not able to figure out what, (yet), so im not sure if its time() or what they use as a salt for that but i will find it at some point.

Thanks for sharing that Shaun :)