We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

site move a different domain with as softaculos backup | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
omer
omer May 31 '13
how can i move site a different domain with as softaculos backup
Saif
Saif May 31 '13
Softaculous gives you an option to restore your site from other domain.After installing Oxwall on the desired domain search for restore button in softaculous. Restore site content from a different domain.
 I tested my site on a sub-domain and later restored its content on main domain.
There would be another options too but it seems easier you can move your content with a single click.
omer
omer May 31 '13
i looked softaculous restore menu there is no such a thing... can you write step by step?
Saif
Saif Jun 1 '13
I am sorry It is Import button ,
1.Go to softaculous home
2.Search for Oxwall script
3. Now you will see the options

Click On Import button.. select the domain, You are done.
omer
omer Jun 1 '13
there is no different domain options just under in a domain... i ask for different domain for reseller host... or how can i do manual move to different domain?
Alia Team
Alia Jun 3 '13
Omer, first of all are you just changing domain names only OR you are changing your servers as well?

1. If you are just changing the domain name: change the URL in config.php
2. In you Domain Management area change DNS records

omer
omer Jun 3 '13
in reseller server for different domain... how can i move? or if i a new setup how uprade old db to new db and images... and where is te config.php
ross Team
ross Jun 3 '13
Omer, 

If I understood you correctly, you want to transfer your current website to a new reseller hosting server with a new domain name. 

If it is so, you'll need to backup your current website and data with the Cpanel tools on your current server, then you need to to take that backup, download it from the current server, upload it to the new reseller server and upload it to the new hosting server using the CPanel tools. 

Abuaman
Abuaman Jun 7 '17
I had backup an OXwall using Oxwall script in Old server and I want to restore this backup into a new server. Please help what the step restore into new server.

Thanks

omer
omer Jun 7 '17

Quote from Abuaman I had backup an OXwall using Oxwall script in Old server and I want to restore this backup into a new server. Please help what the step restore into new server.

Thanks

just you need to extract zip file under new server public_html directory
then you need to edit config.php under /includes if changed you db and db username

firstly you must do upload db backup to new server (you can do phpmyadmin import)