We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Website disappeared! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jun 1 '13
My website just disappeared last night and it's still not live. However, I have a backup of all the files but it's not working.

So, now if I make a fresh install of Oxwall and import the database tables from the old database and move all the userfiles to ow_userfiles directory, will I be able to get back all the records of my data and users' datas?

Alia Team
Alia Jun 3 '13
>>My website just disappeared last night and it's still not live.

First of all, your site could not have disappeared with no reason.
Even though you get a blank page right now, it doesn't mean your site is not "there".
I suggest checking your server's error logs and contacting your hosting company. If it is their fault, they should restore the site for you.

>>So, now if I make a fresh install of Oxwall and import the database tables from the old database and move all the userfiles to ow_userfiles directory, will I be able to get back all the records of my data and users' datas?

If you have a back up, you don't need to install anything all over again. You should have a "Restore from back up" tool in your control panel. Just use it and your back archive to restore your site.

Mike
Mike Apr 6 '14
if i do a clean sweep of my site and reload oxwall is there anyway i can save the few users i have now so i dont have to keep bugging them to resignup ?
ross Team
ross Apr 6 '14
Mike create a separate post, as it has nothing to do with the topic