We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Spam users | Forum

Rikard
Rikard Jun 3 '13
I like oxwall im sorry to say this but since i start to use oxwall i have got more spam users in a week then i got on phpbb for 5 years of time so the only thing i have been doing since the start of my site 4 months ago is erasing spam user and their advertising the protection for that in the script is worthless so i have no choose then using other scripts.

The Forum post is edited by Rikard Jun 3 '13
FD Romeen
FD Romeen May 29 '23
  1. However, I can offer you some general suggestions to help mitigate spam user registrations on Oxwall, this may be help you...!

2. Moderate new user registrations: Set up a moderation system to manually approve new user registrations. This way, you can review each account before granting access, ensuring that only legitimate users are allowed.

3. Implement user validation mechanisms: Consider implementing additional validation methods during the registration process, such as SMS verification or social media account verification. These measures can help verify the authenticity of new users.