We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding actions - User Credits | Forum

Primo Zio
Primo Zio Jun 5 '13
Excuse the possibly obvious question, but I am having a hard time find it. How exactly do we add actions?  For example I wanna add when the user posts to their newsfeed they get a credit. 

Thanks for the help
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 11 '13
Primo, you can't add actions yourself. Plugin comes with the default set of actions which are awarded by credits. As site admin you can only change how many credits are given for certain action.  This is done in admin panel>>manage plugins>>user credits>>settings.

Note that newsfeed is a dynamic feature.  What user does gets posted into the newsfeed, for example, the fact that I added photo or liked somebody's post. Therefore adding credits for posting into newsfeed is not reasonable.
John Bedford
John Bedford Jul 8 '13
How does the user once logged in see how many credits the have. Once an option is restricted and require credits to use, it does not give the option to add credit or even show why they are restricted. eg adsence does not show submit ad because it has been restricted by credits, yet there is no reason shown why its just not there
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jul 9 '13
John, check screen shots posted within the plugin. They demonstrate where you can find the link to check your credits and buy more ( dashboard>>quick links).

>>even show why they are restricted. eg adsence does not show submit ad because it has been restricted by credits, yet there is no reason shown why its just not there

Notices explaining why user can't complete certain action were added to all standard Oxwall features:

Adsense code is not part of the standard Oxwall features that come with our plugin, therefore I can't help you with your question why notice is not getting displayed.

You do not have permission to reply this topic