We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Super gigantic mega array in component cache table | Forum

Paul M.
Paul M. Jun 5 '13
So this morning I made a mod to one of the widgets in my main page. Basically I was trying to force 1080p on a youtube video. Needless to say something happened with the encoding of &= and the main page failed to function after I saved the edit. Since I could no longer make any edits via the front end I resorted to fixing this via the db. I was able to correct this in the ow_base_components table but when I went to check the cache in the components_cache table the values array was so large I had to dump the table to make my change in a text editor and then import it back. I'm not saying that this is a bug but taking all the raw text and html of all widgets and placing them in a single column seems a bit much. Just an opinion more than a bug or anything.
Alia Team
Alia Jun 7 '13
Paul, is there any chance you can do this all over again ( save your widget's content) and provide us screen shot of what happens after this? ( how your page looks like and what you got in database's table). Thank you.
Paul M.
Paul M. Jun 7 '13
Hello Alia,

I can but only on my dev site which unfortunately doesn't have the same amount of content in the widgets. Basically what happened was the index page went blank minus the menu and the one widget where the faulty code was. When I looked at the table &= was never encoded and was also placed outside of the trailing \\" so it looked like, \\"&=. I'm guessing the values in the widgets are passed as literals and special characters don't get encoded. Anyhow I will mess with it this weekend when I have some more time and try to get back with you on it.

dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '13

lol Paul that made me smile man, so how big is a super gigantic mega array :)    Good morning :)  

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jun 7 '13
Putting all eggs in one basket?
Paul M.
Paul M. Jun 8 '13
Got to happen again. Just add some html to a custom html widget and give it an extra double quote or just try saving some malformed html.