We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook connect | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lee
Lee Jun 7 '13

Anyone know,

If I integrate my site with Facebook connect, do my members that sign in to my site using Facebook connect have to use Facebook connect every time the want to enter my site?

The Forum post is edited by Lee Jun 7 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '13

Not that i am aware of, there is an option just as there in an option for this forum.  If you notice there is also an option when you sign on here, but you can do it either way from my knowledge.

But remember that FB connect requries you to have and ded ip and a SSL certificate.  In the old days they did not require that to create a app, but now they do.  So before you go promising your members this, make sure you know what all you need to get it set up :) 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 7 '13
bobbi
bobbi Jun 7 '13
kou if a member does join your site using facebook connect they will have to sign in to your site each time using the facebook connect button, i joined oxwall using facebook button, and entering fb log in the password and user fields does not work,

if they join using fb the app creates the account, so basically by passes registration,
dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '13
good info bobbi thanks :)
Lee
Lee Jun 7 '13
Is facebook connect good or bad any ideas?

And does facebook connect cause problem to the site?

bobbi
bobbi Jun 7 '13
we use it with no problems, fb connect by passes registration as the app creates the account and email verify is bypassed, probably because your email is verified by fb when you join there, a lot of our members join with the facebook button, it generates a tiny avatar of the members current fb profile picture
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jun 7 '13
Lee
Lee Jun 7 '13
thanks
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 8 '13
I was registered for Facebook Connect on another site (unrelated to Oxwall Software) & I wanted to remove my Facebook login but still remain a member. If you think the idea behind the plugin is to save you registering on multiple sites & it uses a single user login ID & password. When I asked the admin of THAT site they said just simply create a new password in your account & next time you log in you can use the user login adopted from your Facebook account & the NEW password you set up on the site. You could try that & if it works try uninstalling or disabling to test it. It shouldn't affect your Facebook account in any way. I assume all Facebook Connects on all platforms work the same way.
The Forum post is edited by Mark Atkinson Jun 8 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '13
Good Info Mark thanks :)
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 9 '13
You're welcome, Dave :)
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Jan 20
This time around Stu is getting married to a young Asian beauty named Lauren (Jamie Chung), who’s father completely disapproves of him. khuyến mãi 789club