We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can Oxwall be easily used as a full CMS? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 7 '13
I have used Wordpress for a number of years but the one thing I find poor is their handling of Social Media. They have Buddypress & a couple of other plugins but they are kind of restricted & also prone to break easily. I find a growing number of Wordpress plugins conflict with others. So imagine my delight in discovering Oxwall...it's EXACTLY what I have been looking for as far as the Social Networking is concerned.

Now here is my query. Can I fully create a CMS using Oxwall? I have noticed there is a CMS plugin but I have noticed only 3 reviews for it & one of them was far from complimentary. Obviously that person could have just been having a bad day and/or they may have not took the time to understand the plugin so I am kind of finding it difficult to obtain a balanced view of that plugin. Does anyone know of any others that would work? Is it possible to create a CMS building a list of needed plugins that may be already available? 

I currently have Wordpress installed & was originally looking at bridging it with Oxwall but I know there have been recent attacks on Wordpress sites & by bridging I don't want to compromise security.  Which brings me to the point....is Oxwall a more secure option to Wordpress? Obviously I am looking at constructive comments from those members that may have used both a fair amount & ideally in a way that I plan to use it. Thanks for your help & input in advance.

Regards,

Mark

The Forum post is edited by Mark Atkinson Jun 7 '13
Pete
Pete Jun 7 '13
I think the best thing for you to do is set it up on a sub domain and play around with it for a while and see what you think. If somebody is intent on hacking a website,and knows what thay or doing ,thay will hack it. I have not heard of any oxwall hacking ,but there again ,oxwall is only small compared to wordpress,give it time when oxwall becomes bigger and i am sure people will try .If you know a little php ,i am sure that you can make oxwall into any kind of website.
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 7 '13
Thanks for your input, Pete. Yeah, I think that's probably my best option if nobody has any experiences of using it as a CMS. Thanks again :)
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 10 '13
Update: I'm working on creating a News Section. I have downloaded a fresh copy of the Blog plugin & adapting that to make News. I'm wondering about News Categories next if this works. The only way I can see that working from the adapted plugin would be to use the tags option. This would mean replacing the search tags with a drop down menu type. Does any of this sound practical to any plugin developers? Familiar with plugins across a wide range of platforms but never tried to create or modify an existing one before myself. Thanks.
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 10 '13
Regarding my last update: Admin you might prefer this topic in the Custom Plugins/Modifications Forum now ;)
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Jan 20
This time around Stu is getting married to a young Asian beauty named Lauren (Jamie Chung), who’s father completely disapproves of him. khuyến mãi 789club