We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Privacy Plugin and add friends - Privacy | Forum

Anna
Anna Jun 7 '13
Sorry for my English!

I installed the privacy plugin and it works perfect, but I have a serious problem. Let's say for example, user A has chosen to have his profile "friends only". Then user B cannot see his profile, but if he knows user A in real life, he maybe wants to add him as friend and have his profile unlock. How can I allow users having the button "add as friend" even if they have chosen "only friend" in privacy?

Thank you.

Rockman
Rockman Jul 3 '13
+1

This plug-in is very good, except what user Anna has stated. There much be a way for a member to "friend" another member when profiles are marked as "Only Friends" or "Only Me".

I've tried but at this time, there is no way to friend someone who has their profile privacy locked-down.

Alia Team
Alia Jul 4 '13
Anna, privacy plugin was originally designed to enable user to hide himself from all people except  those he wants to see. So it is up to userA to find userB and send a friends request.

Adding "Add friend" to users who choose "Friends Only" is not a good idea in our opinion, since this proves that userA is indeed registered on this site, which contradicts to privacy as wee see it.

Rockman
Rockman Jul 4 '13
Thank you for the explanation, Aliia.
You do not have permission to reply this topic