We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Deleting profile picture? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
meno
meno Jun 8 '13
Does anyone know how to delete the current profile picture? Say, i want to remove my current picture and stay with nothing, how can i do that? I found no such option.

Thanks!
dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '13

You can delete it from the database in table ow_base_avatar, you will first need to get the userid from the ow_base_user table first then find that value in the ow_base_avatar.

And then you will need to remove the actual image's from the ow_userfiles/themes/base/avatars there are three files

look for the user id in the file name, dont worry about the timestamp part of the file name just find the user id in three files

done.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 8 '13
meno
meno Jun 9 '13
Thanks @dave
but what about users, how could they do that?!
dave Leader
dave Jun 9 '13

Users cannot do that, they have to have something up there, avatar or something.   There is a default "no pic" image if you have your avatar set to not required on reg but once they upload something, then thats it, they always have to have something from that point forward.

What you can do is

A. make an image in photoshop or paint that is a generic image 140 x 140 

B. or look in your theme images folder and grab the "no pic" image,

give them a place to download that image and then they can upload it to their avatar.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 9 '13
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '13
Dave, thanks. as always +