We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Administrators block hosting with Oxwall software for vulnerabilities. | Forum

Esmoof
Esmoof Jun 10 '13
Some administrators like Arvixe hosting, locks are made ​​to not allow the operation of this software, because it has vulnerabilities.

Report sending mass spam mail server THROUGH the script Run.php

That's why we ask you to perform a re-programming of this file, to control mail delivery per minute.
ben
ben Jun 10 '13
that's not oxwall vulnerable, oxwall is social script was supposed to send a lot of email. your host can control how much email sending per hour
The Forum post is edited by ben Jun 10 '13
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jun 10 '13
Arvixe should NOT be recommended for Oxwall.  I had to switch from Arvixe to http://tinyurl.com/happyhosting to get things working correctly.

That said, the folks at Arvixe are very nice and gave me a no hassle refund.

Alia Team
Alia Jun 10 '13
Esmoof, I am no sure what you mean by "Report sending mass spam mail server THROUGH the script Run.php" . Can you provide more details on what has happened on your site and why you got locked?
Esmoof
Esmoof Jun 14 '13

We can enable access once you have completed the preventive measures. If you need access from your local IP address for maintenance purpose, we can do it for you once you provide the IP address information from http://arvixe.com/ip.php. Once you completed the course of actions, we can enable global access for you.

Please follow the guidelines and steps included in this URL, https://support.arvixe.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/194/9/account-security to avoid the issue further. If you are sending mails via code, please limit the mails per hour limit coded in your script or e-mail software. Or send mails batch by batch to avoid the problem.

Hello,

The bulk mails were sending via script "/home/mydomain/public_html/ow_cron/run.php". Please check this with the help of your developer and make required changes.

In order to work on this issue, we will be enabling access to the folder " /home/mydomain/public_html/ow_cron" from your IP address only. You will get your IP address by accessing the URL "
http://www.arvixe.com/ip.php" from your system. Update the ticket with this IP address. Once you have resolved the issue please update the ticket, so that we will be make the website online.
Alia Team
Alia Jun 17 '13
Esmoof,

>>"bulk mails were sending via script ....ow_cron/run.php".

Run.php within the ow_cron folder just initiates sending out of all the emails ( notifications, mass mailining and etc) from your site via Cronjobs. If you have a lot of active users on your site- it will eventually lead to the increase in number of sent emails.

If Arvixe can provide more info on what exactly ( any traces) they don't like, we will check this. Most likely you are just reaching the limit of numbers of emails that can be sent per hour. If amount of emails is the only thing why you are getting blocked, then unfortunately we can't change this. All depends on your hosting company.

If you are getting blocked for some other reasons ( other then amount of emails), let me know.
Esmoof
Esmoof Jun 18 '13
I have only 1000 active users, so it's not a lot. The sending of emails in a social network is frequent and logic. Since they inform users of the vents that occur on your account. But they should not offer companies is valid for a hosting Oxwall when not running a business peude forward with this. The sending of emails they said that was over 1200 per minute
Alia Team
Alia Jun 21 '13
Esmoof, over 1200 emails per minute is a lot even for the 1000 active users. Is it only from one Oxwall site? or you have other websites under same account?

Issues you are having are connected more to the hosting plan ( probably you are on shared hosting)  you are on with Arvixe and not with Arvixe as a hosting itself. 

Possible solution.
ow_system_plugins/base/bol/mail_service.php
MAIL_COUNT_PER_CRON_JOB  variable.
This variable ( set to 50) means that 50 is max. amount of emails that will be sent every time Cron runs. So if you Cron runs every minute it will sent up to 50 email every minute. So basically up to 3000 emails are sent per hour.

1. Considering this info there is no way your Oxwall site could have been sending more then 3000 emails per hour ( unless you modified this file and have set different number). And it is very strange that Arvixe is saying that you are sending more then 1200 per minute.

2. If 3000 per hour ( 50 per minute) is something that is not allowed on your hosting plan
  a) change 50 to lower number.
  b) change frequency of your Cronjobs.

Alex A.
Alex A. Jun 24 '13
Quote from Esmoof I have only 1000 active users, so it's not a lot. The sending of emails in a social network is frequent and logic. Since they inform users of the vents that occur on your account. But they should not offer companies is valid for a hosting Oxwall when not running a business peude forward with this. The sending of emails they said that was over 1200 per minute
Wow that is a look of emails per minute, especially for 1000 active users :)! - Whilst we wish our servers could send unlimited emails the fact is this is shared hosting and so the resources are shared among many other users. This amount of emails sent per minute will most likely decrease server performance for everyone on that server which is why we implement our email limitations, simply to ensure everyone gets a fair share and not one specific client getting a larger chunk.

We have an email marketing hosting package (https://www.arvixe.com/email_marketing_hosting.php) which we can upgrade you to, on these packages you are permitted to send up to 1000 emails per hour so you can set the max email cron (As advised above) to match that to prevent being suspended for sending out to much.

I'd recommend you either implement one of the suggestions recommended by Aliia above otherwise an alternative would be to upgrade to a dedicated server(on which you can send as many emails as you want).

Also I'd look into why so many emails are being sent out as for that many active users 1200 per minute is really a lot.

Do you have a ticket ID so I can forward to management for review for any other alternative solutions?

----

Alex A - alex.ali@arvixe.com
Arvixe, LLC - http://www.arvixe.com
Freedom of the web at your fingertips.
20% Off Lifetime Coupon: savenow inc Free Domain!

The Forum post is edited by Alex A. Jun 24 '13