We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Quick Question about Player Usability - Music Extreme | Forum

Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 10 '13
Can only admin edit the playlist or can users have their own playlist? Some players similar on other platforms are designed only for the roles authorised to use it & by changing the playlist it changes it on all profiles. Ideally I am looking for a player that a user can have their own playlist on their profile. Thanks for a much needed plugin.
Roderick
Roderick Jun 12 '13
This was build for users playlists :) every user has their own playlist on their profile
Mark Atkinson
Mark Atkinson Jun 12 '13
Awesome! Just what I'm looking for....even when I've created wordpress sites they couldn't come up with that :)
Roderick
Roderick Jun 13 '13
Quote from Mark Atkinson Awesome! Just what I'm looking for....even when I've created wordpress sites they couldn't come up with that :)

We had another user here that 
requested this for his website, thats why we build it :)
Roderick
Roderick Jun 17 '13
Quote from Mark Atkinson Cool! Quick question....would it be possible to have this automated in the plugin to switch the url & port at a given time? For example if you are broadcasting on mybroadcast.com:8032 and the broadcast ended at let's say 10pm on a given day the system would automatically switch over to yourbroadcast.com:8032 or whatever ports at 10pm. Would that be possible or would a script need to be written?

That would require extra work, if you want this contact us on PM
Modern
Modern Jul 2 '13
Hmmm,. this has a lot of potential, have you considered linking it up to samsbroadcaster package.  I have sams from when I had a radio station site and would like to be able to use it again without having to go through a streaming server site (which obviously cost a lot of money), possibly for doing music and news broadcast on my site.

The Forum post is edited by Modern Jul 2 '13
Roderick
Roderick Dec 8 '13
Quote from Modern Hmmm,. this has a lot of potential, have you considered linking it up to samsbroadcaster package.  I have sams from when I had a radio station site and would like to be able to use it again without having to go through a streaming server site (which obviously cost a lot of money), possibly for doing music and news broadcast on my site.

Sure thing, use it and find out how great it is ;)

Modern
Modern Dec 18 '13
Thanks Roderick, just to clarify the answer, are you saying that I can stream samsbroadcast outputs e.g music and voice straight from my home computer to this plugin without having to use a streaming server like shoutcast?  Also, would all of my members be able to hear the broadcast?

Roderick
Roderick Dec 19 '13
No thats not possible, only uploads to server are supported 
You do not have permission to reply this topic