We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Account type from facebook - Facebook Connect | Forum

Matias
Matias Jun 12 '13
sup dudes, I'm using this plugin in my site
I've a trouble with accounts created under first login.
When the account is created, an username is assigned right? Example, I logged with my fb account, oxwall assigns "matiasr" as a username associated to my fb account.
The trouble is, if I want to login in my oxwall site with local credentials, I can't do it. I mean, if I try to use "matiasr" to login ¿how I can do it?. I tried to "retrieve my password" but the code sent to reset my "password" (I never set up) not works.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Regards
ross Team
ross Jun 13 '13
Have you signed up at your website? you can't use the same access details as you use at your FB account. you need to use FBconnect for that end. 
Matias
Matias Jun 13 '13

Quote from ross Have you signed up at your website? you can't use the same access details as you use at your FB account. you need to use FBconnect for that end.

thx for reply ross

yeah I understand, but: what happens if my fb account is blocked? will I be able to login anyway into my site? or, if I suspend my fb account, can I use the username assigned to login into my site?
The Forum post is edited by Matias Jun 13 '13
ross Team
ross Jun 17 '13
No, unfortunately, you won't be able to use FB Connect in that case. 
Matias
Matias Jun 19 '13
thx ross
Alia Team
Alia Jul 4 '13
Matias, you can always login using the email used for your FB account. So if I registered at FB using myemail@gmail.com, and then I registered on Oxwall using FB, I can log in to oxwall using myemail@gmail.com . You just need to retrieve the password.

If you are facing any issues with "Forgot password" feature, feel free to post a topic here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/5
You do not have permission to reply this topic