We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User with no name.. [Answered] | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 14 '13

If you choose realname instead of username, and that person has not yet filled out that section, then the reply notifications in the forums is like this..

{$userName} replied in Winter Riding! forum topic. 

I do understand you can have this set as required for new registers, but i am refering to cases where (as in my case) i converted from another script to Oxwall and those people have just signed in to the new site and are sending feeds before they update their profile. 

Maybe there needs to be a default real name field establish in this case, maybe it could be "hey update your profile" lol :)   or maybe just "no name yet" or something... because getting this  {$userName} is your notification box does not look good.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jun 17 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jun 17 '13
Dave, unfortunately we can't change this within the software  since we don't see a good solution to this .

In cases such as yours, good idea would be to duplicate content of "username" field to "real name" within the database.
dave Leader
dave Jun 17 '13
very true i could just move that data over,  thanks.. :)