We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can you recommend a good membership plugin | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 15 '13

I am looking around at some of the financial plugins. 

A I want a plugin that can either use the financial admin area or has its own wealth of reports, and stats.

B. It has have a self contained paypal process (no other plugin needed) to process payments.

C. It has to be able to allow members to dynamically change their status from free to paid membership level (such as premium) as part of the final payment process.

D. It has to meet paypal guidlines with regards to using the right buttons for the right purposes.  For example being able to do either subscription or one time payments.   For subscription payments paypal requires that the business name be transmitted with the form so they can verify the business status.  For subscription (recurring) payments they require that a business account must be "verified" status by adding a bank account to be verified. If this can also do financial gift payments (not donations i am not non profit so it has to be financial gifts)  then that is fine but not required.

E. It would be nice if it would allow other financial plugins to use its paypal process.  Such as i have a financial gift plugin from the store already, but it needs a paypal process in order to work correctly, it would be nice if i could plug that into this plugin and use its paypal process for the gifts.

F. it has to come highly recommended and i will read the reviews myself and i expect not to see "this is junk" or "this is not worth the money" in the reviews.

G.  I dont care if it does more than paypal, i dont use any other payment gateways paypal is fine. 

H. I would also like good product support.

I. USA based developer would be preferrable but not necessary.

See i dont ask for much now do i lol..

Thanks. 

Followup...  the reason i used the term financial gift and not donation is because paypal is cracking down on the use of the word donation if you are not a qualified non profit org company.

As a matter of fact it is even hard to use the paypal donate button anymore unless you can qualify yourself and they will check up on it.

I had to change all my other sites (not oxwall) and oxwall to read the word "gift" or "financial gift" and remove the word "donation" completely from my site so i could fall into compaliance with our laws now.

You also have to put the following statement  on your websites now if you are not a qualified non profit org and you ask for gift money. 

Gifts are not tax-deductible, and we are not a 501(c)(3) entity.

So hint hint that statement needs to be on the page and in the lang file someplace as well if in fact it does do that type of transaction.   But again not required, i have one that does but i need a paypal process to run it.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 15 '13
Stephanie Urquhart
Stephanie Urquhart Jun 15 '13
I am interested in this as well! This is the only thing holding my site back at this point. I personally think it is a key component for Oxwall and I hope a solution is reached.
suwat pb
suwat pb Jun 16 '13
+1 developer should made them ready :-)