We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

can someone please make a video uploader plugin asap?? | Forum

pat cro
pat cro Jun 17 '13
i know this is an old and popular question but why hasn't there been a solution?

im sure it is possible as i have seen people getting freelancers on other sites to do this. you could make some serious coin selling it in the plugin store. if anyone has a plugin that does this (with working thumbnails) please pm me and ill buy a copy from u.

dave Leader
dave Jun 17 '13

There is a good one, here check this out, i have this and he is a good developer, you might want to email him because i have been working with some ideas with him and actually sent him some code for some cool stuff.  We also fixed a few bugs. I am not the dev i just like the plugin so much and i need to learn anyway that i wanted to help him with some stuff.

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/276

Anyway you might want to wait a day or so till the new version comes out he just updated it but i talked to him tonight on a few things and he is updating the store page sometime in the next day or so, so shoot him a message and tell him dave sent ya... :)

PS. plugins comes with license keys, you are not allowed to distribute them or sell them to others, in any case you have to get the dev permission in writing to do anything of the sort.  Anyway its a nice plugin.   And he gives great service...  

pat cro
pat cro Jun 18 '13
yeah that looks like the plugin i need. i have been messaging the dev for that one for a couple of weeks and he is working on getting the thumbnails problem fixed for that plugin. because at the moment i dont think there are any thumbnails generated from uploaded videos. cant wait tho. ill just have to be patient and keep my eye out for the update :). hes a good dev 
dave Leader
dave Jun 18 '13

By thumbs are you talking specifically about the image that is generated inside the player itself as a preview image? 

If so my experience has been that it depends on the video.  Many of mine i do get that on the page load where they are all displayed.  But among the 12 on the page there are several that for some reason (header issue or whatever)  do not.

That is why i worked with him, i did a mod to mine that allows a default image to be shown if the preview image is not there.  So instead of looking at a black box player, you see a default image.   That process works well enough for me but could be impoved im sure and so i sent it to him for that purpose, to take what i did and make it better. 

We also put our heads together on the issue of IE9 player loads and thru alot of research and reading on my part and testing i did find what i believe is to be the solution and i also contacted him on that as well and gave him my information so that he could apply that in the upgrade as well.  

I am also looking forward to seeing the results.   :)

pat cro
pat cro Jun 18 '13
yes thats what i am talking about. interesting that it is only some videos. but for my site i would need most (if not all) of the thumbnails to be generated. a default thumbnail or a user uploaded image would be ok but not preferable for my site. it would be good if it got sorted out in an update. good work on finding the solution for IE9 lad problem too. i havnt bought the plugin yet but if the updates good then ill but if for a bit more $. im going to get a few more of this devs plugins too