We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Create a plugin visible by a specific account type | Forum

François Cléty
François Cléty Jun 28 '13
Hello :),

I am working on a project using Oxwall, and it needs a plugin, as the title explains, which can only be visible by a specific account type.

As the beginner I am, I would know if someone has ever had this 'problem', cause I don't know from where to start.

I think that the best way is to specify at the top of the main page of the plugin that, if the account type of the user is not the right one, it must show nothing. And on the other hand, if it's the right one, we show the plugin itself. However, the little thing which disturb me is that the name of the plugin will anyway appears in the top menu (if we specify that the way to use the plugin is in the menu..).

I saw previously that there are constant like 'VISIBLE_FOR_MEMBER', is there someone who is able to explain me how to create a similar constant like 'VISIBLE_FOR_ACCOUNTTYPE' ? I look for how 'VISIBLE_FOR_MEMBER' is create, but I haven't find any place in the *.php files in which explicit code lines implements this constant ( I just find declarations of this constant in files like activation.php etc.. ).

I will make tests in the following days, and so, I don't ask you to give me code lines etc.. But just say me if you have any other solutions.

Friendly,

cltfrancois.

PS : Please apologize my english, i'm a french guy ! Don't hesitate to correct me about grammar, formula etc..

The Forum post is edited by François Cléty Jun 28 '13
Daisy Team
Daisy Jul 4 '13
Francois, we suggest that you check the Profile Questions functionality to see the relations with the account type feature.