We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question about Debug Mode | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Laura
Laura Jul 1 '13
How does leaving the debug mode set to true affect the performance or operations in Oxwall? I have had a problem that is not showing up as an error in debug mode but yet debug mode is fixing the problem. At this point I have no choice but leave the debug on to fix the problem but I am concerned about the long term affects if any of running the site this way.

Thanks!
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 1 '13
Debug mode is just to point out errors in the site. It doesn't fix anything for you its simply just a tool to point out what isn't working properly!
Laura
Laura Jul 1 '13
I know that but in this case it is doing something beyond just debugging. I was getting a blank screen after a user had registered and if they refreshed their browser then the dashboard page would load. I was told to use the dev and debug modes to narrow down the problem. After changing these values to true in the config file it started working okay. The I put them back to false and the problem returned. Next I just put just dev mode to true and it did not fix it so then I only put the debug mode to true and it did fix the problem. During this time no errors showed from debug.

So you tell me.. why is the debug mode fixing the problem?
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '13
Laura, 

Have you made any custom code modifications or have you used any plugins related to the Dashboard?

Laura
Laura Jul 2 '13
Nothing new since this problem started. But the real question is why the debug mode corrects the problem? Is it because it refreshes each page before loading to accommodate the error reporting? That is all I can figure.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 2 '13
So when your not in debug mode and you register it brings you to a blank page instead of a page asking you to confirm email? and when you are in debug mode it brings you to the confirmation page?
Laura
Laura Jul 2 '13
Close.. since at this time I am not confirming email address, it just loads the user dashboard. The page that is blank is the submit action page right after they click the button. I have had many users abandoned the registration process but yet their info did make it in the database.

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 2 '13
Try and add the confirmation just to see if it happens both ways. 
ross Team
ross Jul 4 '13
Laura, are still experiencing the problem?
Laura
Laura Jul 4 '13
If I set debug to false, yes.
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Jan 24
great points altogether, you just won brand new reader. What would you suggest about your submit that you just made a few days in the past? Any certain? Packers and Movers Mumbai to Agra