We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Admin Editable Profile Fields | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Fred Rogers
Fred Rogers Jul 4 '13
I'd like to add a "Verified User" (yes/no) field to my user profiles.  I would like it to default to no upon user creation.  I would like it to show up in users profiles, but only editable by an admin (upon verification).  

I've created the field and made it viewable and searchable, however it does not even show up in the profile when viewed, nor does it show up when the admin account tries to edit the account.

Any suggestions?

The Forum post is edited by Fred Rogers Jul 4 '13
ross Team
ross Jul 5 '13
This can be done via custom code modification. I recommend you create a plugin for such things, which adds a status on the profile whether it is verified or not. 
Fred Rogers
Fred Rogers Jul 5 '13
This seems like a fairly basic feature, and I've been able to do similar things in other scripts. There are a lot of things that I do like about this script, but I don't have the background to create a plugin, and I don't have any budget to hire someone.

I think I'll have to wait for this script to mature a little more and perhaps use it on a future project.