We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Really want TinyChat 2 work - Tiny Chat | Forum

Timmy
Timmy Jul 6 '13
G'day Guys... Listen I have been reading these posts with hopes of resolving my TinyChat issues yet to no avail... Is there any chance that you guys could update the plugin so that we arent having issues.

I have tab button issues as well as connection issues like it keeps telling me to check my connection yet there is no issue with my connection

Cheers fella 

Timmy 

http://gigirc.com

Attachments:
  tinychat_button_connection_error.PNG (70.49Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '13
It has stopped working for me as well, does not connect at all anymore... Any idea on this?
dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '13

I found the issue..  thank god for typos lol..

Hi i had a problem with the tinychat plugin and so did others it just stopped working all of a sudden this i found the issue.

They must have done some work on the embed source recently and when they created the js file they had a typo, they named it enbed instead of embed..

I was so lucky to find this because i went to their site and it worked and i just happen to make the same typo and it came up on their page and i was like what they hell... lol  

So here is a temp fix and i wanted to notify you so you can pass on this info. I will keep an eye out and when it stops working again i will change mine back to embed or just let me know when they change it please.

go to

ow_plugins/tinychat/views/controllers/page_index.html

find this line and change the file name from embed to enbed as i have done, refresh your site cache and fire it up, it will work.

<script src='http://www.tinychat.com/js/enbed.js'></script>

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 9 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jul 10 '13
Timmy, I went to your site, but didn't find tinychat plugin.
Would be glad to check the issue for you, but I need admin panel username and pass OR you can grant my user ( just registered) moderator status with BASE and ADMIN rights.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 10 '13
Dave, that is strange. I have just checked and http://tinychat.com/js/embed.js returns correct results while http://tinychat.com/js/enbed.js will not work.

dave Leader
dave Jul 10 '13
Thats because they must have caught their mistake last night, im glad they fixed that.  Timmys should work now as well.
The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 10 '13
Timmy
Timmy Jul 11 '13
sweet thanks guys

Timmy
Timmy Jul 11 '13
Mine is still not working :(
Timmy
Timmy Jul 16 '13
Tinychat is working now :)
dave Leader
dave Jul 16 '13

Thanks for updating Timmy, did it start working on its own or did you make any changes to make it work?

chris
chris Jul 16 '13
HI Guys 

still i couldn't run the Tiny chat on my site , keep saying no connections 

some of my users ( include me ) we receiving no connection msg , some of users Tiny Chat not loading at all and they having a empty page and only users from Europe they can open and connect and use the chat !!! im really confused  

please Help :) 

Chris

Abdul Muiz
Abdul Muiz Jul 17 '13

Quote from dave

I found the issue..  thank god for typos lol..

Hi i had a problem with the tinychat plugin and so did others it just stopped working all of a sudden this i found the issue.

They must have done some work on the embed source recently and when they created the js file they had a typo, they named it enbed instead of embed..

I was so lucky to find this because i went to their site and it worked and i just happen to make the same typo and it came up on their page and i was like what they hell... lol  

So here is a temp fix and i wanted to notify you so you can pass on this info. I will keep an eye out and when it stops working again i will change mine back to embed or just let me know when they change it please.

go to

ow_plugins/tinychat/views/controllers/page_index.html

find this line and change the file name from embed to enbed as i have done, refresh your site cache and fire it up, it will work.

<script src='http://www.tinychat.com/js/enbed.js'></script>

This is stupidity absolutely.... especially from someone with label "leader" on their avatar. I am using this since one month and found no such problem like "enbed" or "embed"... You should better care while reasoning problems......
dave Leader
dave Jul 17 '13

First of all do not insult me, i saw what i saw and i actually was going to take a screen shot of it but i did not realize the issue would be taken care of by the next day.  Do you actually believe that i would have taken the time to type all of that, as well as contact a team member about it, if it was not true.  The answer is no, i have better things to do with my time.  

I know what i did and i stated as such.  I put the link with enbed into the browser and it worked, so i changed my link on my site to enbed an it woked, the next day they had it fixed and i had to change it back.

And if  you insult me again i will get you banned from this forum.

Abdul Muiz
Abdul Muiz Jul 18 '13
I understood everything clearly and also care your authorities but i was also true on my side..
chris
chris Jul 18 '13
any way i think no solution their site said they dont have support for Oxwall plugins , 

i think they stop this plugin to force you buy it !!!

dave Leader
dave Jul 18 '13

This is the problem with having plugins that are based on the inclusion of a third party widget or embed process. If tinychat decides to stop supporting the embed then there is nothing anyone can do.  This is the case with all scripts not just Oxwall.   I honestly do not know exactly what tiny chat is doing as i am not in their loop, but they do seem to be doing something from time to time (based on the feedback from others) to disable an then enable the chat functioning from time to time.

chris
chris Jul 18 '13
thanks dave , 

im agree with you last 2 days im looking in google for voice chat for my site and i dont feel secure with all of them , 

appreciate your support 

Alia Team
Alia Jul 18 '13
Chris, can you approve my account on your site?

chris
chris Jul 18 '13
Quote from Aliia Chris, can you approve my account on your site?

DONE , 

Thanks

Alia Team
Alia Jul 18 '13
Chat is working for me and I am not in Europe ( not even near to it =). May be internet connection is causing your issues?
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic