We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

About identity privacy | Forum

Angel
Angel Jul 7 '13
Hi guys, I wanna ask your opinions about privacy..

I'm making a community website, and I provide profile questions where people can fill in their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Skype, YM, BBM, Google Talk

but after some thoughts, I don't think that's a good idea?

what do you guys think about it?

I wanna protect my users privacy, but I also want to give them freedom to express themselves..

I'm in a dilemma >.<

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 8 '13
If they don't wanna share the info then they don't have to fill out the question. I would make it so that the users have the option to share the information. If you don't mind may I take a look at your site?
Angel
Angel Jul 8 '13
Thanks OxwallAccessories for the input..

I decided to not provide any profile questions about their IM names (such as skype, YM, bbm, and google talk), but I still provide questions for their Facebook, Google+, YouTube, SoundCloud, DeviantArt, etc.. because my community is based on art and japanese culture~

I'm really sorry but my site is currently under construction (still a mess hahaha), so nobody is allowed to view.. >.< I'll show you later once it's finished!

Thank you!

The Forum post is edited by Angel Jul 8 '13
Pete
Pete Jul 9 '13

Leave it up to the user, give them a choice to add or not , then its on there heads if thay add any links ,not yours